free website stats program SE Compensator Kit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Compensator Kit

I used a new outer Primary gasket when i did mine.I went the grinding/removal route and as a consequence did not have to remove either the clutch and primary chain;or the Inner Primary.

The SE kit comes with the new bolt and washers-it is a complete fitment unit.I made up a locking tool using a piece of flat steel.

You can also go to the H-D site and punch in the part no. of the S.E kit,then download the fitting instructions.I did this and then laminated the pages to preserve them and to keep greasy fingerprints off them.

You probably should have the workshop manual too.
Good luck.

Make sure they orient the inner primary bearing correctly if you get a chrome inner. If it ships with the bearing and seal... all good, if not... dealer intall can be iffy on the bearing snap rung.

R u saying another part to replace.

Looks like I will not be replacing inner primary as no one has it in stock so I can have it by this weekend. Wanting to ride the weekend of the 12th.No tool either. So I guess wood will do. I do have the manual. Just kinda hestitant about this. I am mechanically minded just cautious. I do the majority of my own minor service work.If I tackle this I will look toward cams later. I have a stock 96 except pipes, air filter and SE race tuner and mapped by dealer when purchased in 07. Wanting a little more on take off. Thought about 2-1 also. Usually ride 2 up since wife sold her bike couple of months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll do fine i did mine & i am all thumbs for locking tool i cut up plastic cutting board & double up on it

Finally got parts in and had time. Also had chipped teeth on starter ring gear on clutch pack. I was able to work on this yesterday. All went well. Only had time for a short ride after install. It appears to be ok. Will ride more this weekend. Thanks to all for the info. I am thinking 2 into 1 next. I had SE Race Tuner installed when I bought in 07. I will need to look for a tuner locally in East Texas.

Back