free website stats program SE Compensator Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Compensator Kit

kb5zqd

About to replace my OEM compensator. Does the new SE come with the revised Nut or do I need to order it also? Does anyone have the Gasket # for the inner primary to case? I have read the posts on this and feel confident I can do it. I will probably order the locking tool also.

Thanks
kb5zqd

The SE kit comes with the correct nut/bolt. The gasket (at least on mine) was not like an ordinary gasket. It was made of metal with a rubber insert. I had a new gasket on hand but once I saw what it looked like, I reused the oil gasket with no problems. If in doubt you can always apply a very thin light coat of Indian shellac to the mating surfaces. It won't leak after that.

I did the same as Hoople, reused the old gasket. I had a new one but saved it for next time. They're about $40.00 up here. Just make your own locking tool. The self help section has several ways guys made it themselves.

Save the $$ on the locking tool. I used a block of wood! Worked for me, cant see it being any different than using "the tool". My inner primary gasket is an o-ring. Difference in year, I guess.

Bodeen

Maybe I'm thick, but, why do you need the gasket for the inner primary to case if all you are replacing is the compensator? You should not need to remove the inner primary unless you are going after the stator or shaft seals.

Enjoy,
Rich P

i think there saying between outer & inner primary i used a new one only because i bought one..

Maybe I'm thick, but, why do you need the gasket for the inner primary to case if all you are replacing is the compensator? You should not need to remove the inner primary unless you are going after the stator or shaft seals.

Enjoy,
Rich P

If you don't want to do the grinding thing, to get the rotor off you must remove the inner primary. You must change the rotor if you install a SE compensator.

Wood will for for locking primary i bought the tool my self and you dont have to use a new gasket if it doesnt split mine did..

Back