SE air filter maintenance?

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by iceman, Jul 12, 2010.

1. iceman

iceman Member

Doing some maintenance on a 2004 lowrider that has a screamin eagle tapered air filter element. Does anyone know how the filter can be cleaned and does it require oiling. The filter has been on the bike since 2004 so I am not sure what the details were for maintenance of a SE filter then. Any info will be appreciated.:small3d008:

2. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

On the 2008 SE air filter it is cleaned with K&N spray cleaner, allow to dry, BUT DO NOT OIL IT!

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

My SE filter has "Do Not Oil" stamped in tiny letters on the mount plate. For cleaning you can spray a cleaner on it, or mix with water and swish around in a shallow pan. Do Not let the dirty water get inside. Rinse and air dry or blow dry with very low pressure air from the inside, preferably not an air hose nozzle.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

I believe K&N states not to use air pressure to dry the filters.

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Air dry only no compressed air:s

6. iceman

iceman Member

Thanks guys. I was not sure about the air filter due to lack of markings on it. It does have the Harley bar & shield on it and is under the original oval cover. I will plan on using warm soapy water to clean it and let it air dry and no oiling.
    The bike already has Vance & Hines pipes and I am adding a TFI today. Any other recommendations?

7. Jack Klarich

Ride it like you stole it and enjoy :s

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

More chrome! :bigsmiley20:

9. Jack Klarich

Too many hands typing beat me again LOL:p