free website stats program SE 80721-09 work with true duals? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 80721-09 work with true duals?

I'm sorry, but how can I tell if these are ok short of taking them apart? I have never messed with exhaust on bike in all the years of riding. So this is new to me. Nearest dealer is 85 miles from here so I am trying to figure this out by myself.

I'm sorry, but how can I tell if these are ok short of taking them apart? I have never messed with exhaust on bike in all the years of riding. So this is new to me. Nearest dealer is 85 miles from here so I am trying to figure this out by myself.

Read post 10 and see if they are the same inside viewed from front and rear. I would say with the 09 suffix in the part number that they would not work with the true duals.

Thanks glider, I did read your post. I found that the SE looks like it has 2 bolt and nuts holding in the baffles. Was going to take them out to look, but bolt is a torux (sp) bit with a stud in the middle. I do not have a bit like that, so back to the drwing board.

That's a security torx. If you could get one of those and take the baffles out to compare them, it should tell you something.

My 07 stock muflers are are different also. Just do not know about the SE. What I can see looks the same. When it idling the air out each pipe files about the same. Just want to make sure so I do not mess up the engine.

Everything I've done lately to the bike has been a disaster!! Starting to get expensive and the wife got mad today and told my just to sell it. She said I spend all my time working on it and she want to ride, not look at it.

Going back to my dog house now:)

I tried to find my directions for you to get the left and right part number,but it must be at the shop with my stock mufflers,but the left and right are one digit apart and the directions warn you not to reverse them.When I look into both pipes they look the same to me as well,just be careful

I have to drop by the shop tommorow I will scan in the direction sheet and warnings and post it for you

Yea!!! Both sides are the same. Removed the security torxs but could not get the baffles out. Anyway took them into a dark closet and shinned a mini mag light in both ends on both pipes. Both had a plate at a angle wielded in the same place. From the engine side I could see something that looked like metal mash of some kind (again both pipes the same). On the rear of the mufflers there are a series of holes in 5 rolls a about 3 - 4 inches from the plate on both pipes.

So I guess I got lucky and will not have to get more pipes.

Thanks everyone and especially Glider for the help.

Earl

Last edited:
Back