free website stats program se 58mm throttle body to big?? | Harley Davidson Forums

se 58mm throttle body to big??

jlouden

hello all.i was wondering if the se 58mm tb w/larger injectors would be to big for my build. right now i have an 08SG,106s&s big bore kit,s&s 583 cams,s&s air cleaner,v&h 2 into 1 exhaust,pcv w/auto tune. gettin ready to put the s&s 89cc heads on this winter. thanks

Yes it's too big. That throttle body is meant for the 120R. A SE 50 will do just fine, or send your stock unit to HPI for a work over.

Not to argue, or contradict, but the S/E 58 flows so poorly, it will be fine, and probably show some worth.
Recently installed a 58mm FBW, with HPI's 1.800" "Y" manifold on a 107", that was dynoed 9000 miles earlier, with a good combination.
Port matched the heads and brought a 2.00" Ferrea intake valve to it.
Intial dyno testing has shown a HUGE increase.:D
Scott

I have a heritage softail with a se stg iv big bore kit. It includes the 58mm throttle body. After going with some woods cams and having the right person tuning this bike I got 104hp and 118tq. I am pleased with this set up. My indy guy did say he thought that a smaller throttlebody would make it more "responsive".

The engine combo I'm describing, vastly improved from the bottom to the top, and apparantly the OE t/body was a huge choke point.:s
Scott

Back