free website stats program SE 255 cam install results | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 255 cam install results

Could your "Oxygenated" Calif gas be the reason others are so much better than yours?

I don't think so. The reason I say this is my buddy has the same bike and set up before the cam install and he was getting a gallon a tank better gas mielage than I was. I thought with a dyno I would improve, but last weekend we rode and he's still about a gallon better than me. He does not have the cams, and never had a dyno. He had a pre-set map from FuelMoto and has never had a problem.

As far as my bike, it's running great, no pinging etc, just had the plugs replaced, the old plugs with the old setup were clean. I think I need to do some more riding and figure this out before I have the shop re-dyno. Just a little frustrated my mpg's did not improve.

I think you could lean out the midrange without having to redyno the motor. Doesn't the PCV have external adjusters?

I think you could lean out the midrange without having to redyno the motor. Doesn't the PCV have external adjusters?

What would leaning out the mid range do? The PCV can be adjusted by connecting my laptop, but I've never done it so I'm not sure how to go about adjusting it. Would'nt adjusting the mid range mess with the dyno tune?
WAP.gif

Well I'm not one on piggy back tuners but I do know if your running a SE tuner and you run it under 14:1 your not taking advantage of the O2 sensors and in my opinion if you want to get the fuel mileage that's something you might want to look at. 13:0 AFR is good if you just want to run the bike good but you aren't going to get good fuel mileage doing it. HDDon is on target your gonna want to be around 14:1 in the "cruise" area of your set up if you want to see good MPG. Good luck with your search.

Here is a look at my AFR table, notice in the AFR in the "cruise area as HDDon was referring to.

Attachments

• AFR table.xls
    18.5 KB · Views: 33
I appreciate your sincerity about everyone always telling the truth on this web site. I have had more motorcycles than most and have never consistently got the 40 to more than 50 with sportster I have seen stated on this and other web sites. I take mileage figures, like dyno figures with a grain of salt. Tune with a dyno, do not compare them in absolutes. The same with mileage. It may be true, but in general, I do not believe them. When someone get in the twenties, something is wrong. When it gets to more than 45 I believe it is often embellished or gotten under extremely ideal conditions, me at the beach, I rode unreal conservative, but I did get it. As for reading rules, I have on other sites, frankly forgot to being a newb on this site as I spend most evenings trying to learn. I have stated my opinion and I can go back to the rock I crawled from under if you want!!!!!!!!! BTW, I have owned bikes since I started riding in 1960. I am 65 and quite contrary. Best to everyone even policemen

I appreciate your sincerity about everyone always telling the truth on this web site. I have had more motorcycles than most and have never consistently got the 40 to more than 50 with sportster I have seen stated on this and other web sites. I take mileage figures, like dyno figures with a grain of salt. Tune with a dyno, do not compare them in absolutes. The same with mileage. It may be true, but in general, I do not believe them. When someone get in the twenties, something is wrong. When it gets to more than 45 I believe it is often embellished or gotten under extremely ideal conditions, me at the beach, I rode unreal conservative, but I did get it. As for reading rules, I have on other sites, frankly forgot to being a newb on this site as I spend most evenings trying to learn. I have stated my opinion and I can go back to the rock I crawled from under if you want!!!!!!!!! BTW, I have owned bikes since I started riding in 1960. I am 65 and quite contrary. Best to everyone even policemen

No one ask you not to state your opinions and as long as you keep within the stated rules (ours are different) you'll be fine. I am also 65 and I have been riding since I was 12. I have a 94FLSTC and an 05FLTRI. They both get 40 to 44 MPG as long as I'm not trying to break any speed records. As for the OP his milage seems a bit low and so I reccommended that he lean out the mid range to see if the MPG goes up. Have fun here and treat everyone with respect and you'll be fine. Welcome to the best Harley Information Site on the web.

I run the Auto-Tune on my Ultra and seem to be having a good go at it. Also hogrottons AFR table that he shared is close to where I am running. I have also found that running around 2800 RPM in cruise mode is giving me better mileage. The more I twist the grip the worse mileage I get. Hard not to do with up grade in cams. If you can download hogrottons map you might be suprised.

Back