free website stats program SE 254e or 255 cams | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 254e or 255 cams

DynaBob09

I am considering SE 103 Stage 2 nad using the 254e cams instead of the 255. Has anyone used them. I would love to know where they make their power and what to expect.
I have a 2009 Dyna Fat bob.

My bike weighs 850 and I weigh 200.....I went with 255's and couldn't be happier....love the way it pulls......if the 254 is anything like the tw6-6 that I had in the bike previously...I think you would be much happier with the 255....

The SE 255 cams INTAKE close at 25*.. Good cam for MY purposes, 09FLHR.. I like the added lift and the early close of the intake,puts the power-band (lower RPM power) where I can enjoy it on the heavy bike..

Now on my FXDS, I liked the power band in the Mid and Upper RPM range so I went with a intake close that had a bigger number..

Intake open and close is NOT All that is needed to look at but it is a start..

When looking for a cam that HAS Low End Torque at Low RPM, The intake closing is where to look..
IF intake closes above 36/44/50* these are considered Higher RPM to get torque the RPM band is up, meaning you have to REV the engine to get INTO the power area...

There is a 4*(+ or -) wheel gear that changes the complete Timing Of open and closing the vales... this takes a little Study to apply BUT get results...

I think Steve07 uses this gear to make his power come on earlier on a later intake closing cam..

Making the later close on the intake close EARLY for more low end torque (lower RPM)..

signed....BUBBIE

I just had my 09 Rd Glide dyno'd... Not to add confusion to this but I used a t-mann 555 cam and my torque is 99.5 Hp is 86.19 Torque is above 90 lbs fro 2500 rpm through 5000 rpms
se 103 kit, SERT, Dresser Duals, and Monster Ovals

Tune will make a big difference also.
One thing just to add some fuel when you do a stgae 1 no big deal.
Once you put some bigger jugs on it throw in cams it gets a lot more important to get the tune right. That can add up. SERT on the dyno will get you every bit you can out of it but it is not cheap to do right.
Do not get me wrong it will run fine with a canned map and many will never notice the difference but if you want it all you got to pay.

I have the SERT and am planning on a dyno. The dealer is running their winter special. $1450 for 103 stage 2 and Dyno included. Some say woth tis kit and the 254e cams I should not bother with compression releeses. Do you agree?

I see. Thanks.
I have been talking to two different dealers and they both say they never install compression releeses on a stage two kit. They said I would be wasting my $ especially with the 254e cam. You guys seam to disagree?

Back