free website stats program SE 211 or SE 255 cams | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 211 or SE 255 cams

sgt_1230

I am picking up a new Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited this spring and have been doing a lot of reading up on it. I plan on putting a Vance & Hines Propipe 2 into 1, Vance & Hines VO2 naked air cleaner(uses stock air cleaner cover) and considering cams and a DynoJet Power Commander for it. I guess my questions are which cam would be better, a 211 or 255 and is it worth it to put in cams and a power commander, or should I just do the air cleaner and exhaust until the factory warranty lapses. Also, how bad are the HD dealers about wwarranty work when anything is done to the bike (The dealer gives an excellent deal when buying a new bike-10% off the parts and free installation if installed when bought new). Would sure like to hear from some of the guys that know more about this than my limited knowledge.:D

If your authorized HD dealer does the upgrades you want you should have no problems with them honoring the warranty (be sure to get in writing). If an indy does the work and your bike is still under warranty it can possibly lead to headaches down the road with your dealer if another warranty issue needs addressed.

I'd like to do a cam and 103ci upgrade in the future also but I have 3 years left on my warranty. So far the Stage 1 of SE A/C, SERT & V&H pipes have satisfied my current needs.

I spoke with the dealer and he told me whatever they install that results in a legal configuration as far as HD is concerned would be warrantied. Free flow air cleaner and 255 cams since they are offered in the big bore upgrade would be fine. He said they don't really worry too much about exhaust, but installation of a power commander would result in no warranty coverage. He said he didn't know right off hand if there was a SE map for the ECM for the 211 cams which would be the deciding factor if they would be ok or not. Anyone have any idea if there is a map for 211 cams for the 103" motor and if the cam would be feasible for it? I plan on this being my last new bike purchase for a long time, so I am looking for performance as well as durability.

I run the 255 and have no problem with the performance on a light bike. It pulls like a freight train. Warranty issue I had mine done after purchase and when I went to see about a extended warranty the warranty company would not warranty the engine. I of course declined getting the extended.

Back