free website stats program SE 204 vs SE 255 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 204 vs SE 255

ironmark,

Just a question on your bike.. Where does the Power start com'n on with the 255 cams..

Think like you riding please, Is it ... IF in 3rd gear and just where it is on the lower RPM range side and you Twist the throttle, IS the power right there or does it take a few more RPM then goes. Use 3 or 4 gear but From lower side RPM (2100) to compare... I understand what I'm asking but it is hard for the right words so YOU understand..

thanks
signed....BUBBIE

On mine at 2500rpm 107ft/lbs of torque in first.

ironmark,

Just a question on your bike.. Where does the Power start com'n on with the 255 cams..

Think like you riding please, Is it ... IF in 3rd gear and just where it is on the lower RPM range side and you Twist the throttle, IS the power right there or does it take a few more RPM then goes. Use 3 or 4 gear but From lower side RPM (2100) to compare... I understand what I'm asking but it is hard for the right words so YOU understand..

thanks
signed....BUBBIE

I finally have gotten on my new bike a little since it has 700 miles on it now. I have the 255 cams with V&H Propipe HO, V&H VO2 air cleaner and PCV. If I am rolling along in 1st gear above 2200 RPM and punch it, the things actually will lift the front tire several inches off the ground. The 255's really seem to come on strong. My bike will literally eat up my wife's stock CVO UC with the 110" motor. I am very impressed with the performance.

I'll second the option of installing SE255's and believe it is an ideal bolt-in cam for a bagger with a stock TC96. I think the 204's will harm the low-end by comparison yet will extend the curve further than the 255's, undoubtedly producing higher peak-HP numbers.

OTOH if you want the power where most of us with touring bikes ride, from 2000-5000 rpm, the SE255's are likely the best cam choice available. Other cams will out-perform it above 3500 rpm, but up to that engine speed you have a real torque monster. The 255's really transformed by bike and I'm very happy with them. DIY and you can do the upgrade for <$300. Here's a write-up I did on my cam job.

Back