free website stats program SE 204 vs SE 255 | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 204 vs SE 255

Fatboy 07

Chopper, would like your opinion on which cam to install in my 2008 Ultra. Currently have the V&H Ovals, SE A/C and the stage one download. Am planning to change cams and add the new SEPST (the 32109-08B model) in the near future.

Am basically looking to get a little more "grunt" riding two-up, and with added torque hopefully be able to use 6th gear sooner.

I respect your opinion highly from reading your posts the last year or so. Would like to meet you if I ever get over in your area. I live in Redmond, Oregon which shouldn't be too much of a ride to your hang out.

Hey Fatboy your welcome over here any time, but you would get here quicker with the 255 cams, hands down:)

Thanks Chop and Hobbit, you kinda solidified my initial suspicion/selection. I appreciate both of you guys input.

Have read quite a bit of good stuff on the 255's, but reviewing the 204's it looked like they were close to the same down low and extended their pull a little longer - i.e. close to 5000 rpm whereas the 255's appeared to start to fall off around 4000 rpm. Although I am not even close to an expert on reading cam designs.

Will be going with the 255's on the strength of both of your inputs.

Thanks again for sharing your expertise!!!

I recently went upgraded to the 103 and added the 211 cams. A little more power down low but a ton from 3k on. Awesome passing power with incredible pull. If you want a stump puller, my buddy has the 255's and loves them.:D

For an Ultra, especially riding 2 up, 255's hands down the better choice. Wood TW6-6's are exceptional as well.

Didn't mean to be so short on my reply earlier to you fatboy, but on a Ultra the 255 will really wake it up and give you the power in the range you drive, if I had a Ultra it would be my first choice for sure:)

I have the 255 cams in my RG and love them . :D

ironmark,

Just a question on your bike.. Where does the Power start com'n on with the 255 cams..

Think like you riding please, Is it ... IF in 3rd gear and just where it is on the lower RPM range side and you Twist the throttle, IS the power right there or does it take a few more RPM then goes. Use 3 or 4 gear but From lower side RPM (2100) to compare... I understand what I'm asking but it is hard for the right words so YOU understand..

thanks
signed....BUBBIE

Power is on demand , The bike just gets up and goes right from 1100 rpm to 6000 rpm , I have no reason to go above 6000. You will love the power when you ride 2 up pulling up a 6% to 7% grade . The bike is set up just like the signiture listed ( it has alot more than what is on the sig ) & it has 108lbs of rear wheel Tourqe on the dyno & I used the stock 96 heads .:D

Power is on demand , The bike just gets up and goes right from 1100 rpm to 6000 rpm , I have no reason to go above 6000. You will love the power when you ride 2 up pulling up a 6% to 7% grade . The bike is set up just like the signiture listed ( it has alot more than what is on the sig ) & it has 108lbs of rear wheel Tourqe on the dyno & I used the stock 96 heads .:D

Boy ironmark, You understood my question Better than I did....
Thanks for the reply..... Man great torque off IDLE...

I bet I would enjoy them NOW Even if I leave all Stock on my 09 FLHR and just leaving AS-IS my stage one-TFI for now... Think?

Thanks for the reply!!

signed....BUBBIE

Back