free website stats program SE 120r | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 120r

My guess is 4. From what I can tell the crankcase is the same.High volume oil pump,but no additional oil volume even with an oil cooler.Specifications don't say what oil volume is.

I usually would get 5 quarts to have the extra handy IF Needed...

Easy way to change oil is to take the 3rd quart (4 total) and add that 3rd one to the oil filter JUST enough to come up ONCE to the threads of the filter... Install filter (never Dry)...

Then pout that 3rd quart into the oil bag... Then add TWO more... Run bike for a few minutes User a box fan right forward blowing back across the head pipes.

Then shut it down and add oil (#4 quart) accordingly of what is needed... (Short amount of the 4 quart will usually fill the bike)

Then you will Know next time how much to use OR Not to use...
I Would MEASURE the balance of that 4th quart and Subtract what is Left in ounces,,,, Knowing that amount to remove from a full quart for the Next oil change...

Just My Way

signed....BUBBIE

How do i know the year my engine was built from the engine vin? I know it was 2011 or later cuz harley started making the 120r in 2011 i think. So 2011 and later should be a new decade with a different type of vin. My vin is JD57014801

I don't know how I didn't see this thread until today. A couple of observations that may or may not be relevant. A 120R is a HD special order engine, correct?
If so, then normal engine # ID will not apply, it probably came with it's own MSO (manufacturers Statement of Origin).
Oil quantity: Should be the same as the engine it is replacing. In this case a Heritage (?). The 120 is larger due to bore & stroke, not case size, correct? So there's no more room in the oil bag than before.

Back