free website stats program Screw-on fuel cap on '08 Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Screw-on fuel cap on '08 Ultra

That is an all time classic there! Even better than the "They all do that" line. :newsmile100:

well, having ridden a metric cruiser for the last 14years..i feel i've definitely stepped over to the dark side now, as my fellow buddies have said. I can live with you guys knowing i was 'duped, as I don't know any of you folks...but I will NEVER let my riding buddies hear the gas cap story...I'll never live it down lol -

I'm guessing the $675 setup charge they hit me with on closing..for checking the bike out....pm, changing fluids, etc, did not include the cost of a gas cap.. I've heard accessories are expensive on the HD product line..and there goes your proof...

well, having ridden a metric cruiser for the last 14years..i feel i've definitely stepped over to the dark side now, as my fellow buddies have said. I can live with you guys knowing i was 'duped, as I don't know any of you folks...but I will NEVER let my riding buddies hear the gas cap story...I'll never live it down lol -

I'm guessing the $675 setup charge they hit me with on closing..for checking the bike out....pm, changing fluids, etc, did not include the cost of a gas cap.. I've heard accessories are expensive on the HD product line..and there goes your proof...

If you have paid money for them to complete a service ie setup charge and it has not been completed what else has not been done i would be asking for return of the money for the setup because it hasnt been done
I bought a second hand car over the internet and by phone calls from a dealer in glasgow i was told when i picked up the car that the 36000 mile service had been done the saleseman showed me the service book had been stamped and the sevice counter on the car had been reset drove the car 250 miles home next day checked over the car and found that they must have used an old used oil filter air filter and oil on the service or that basic stuff had been omitted
called the salesman and gave him my findings and offerd to have the car inspected by the automobile association he called me back a wee while later and admitted that the service had not been done and his dealership would arrange for the service to be carried out at a local to me dealership
my response was that i have seen the standard of work carried out by dealerships for that make of car and i would be happier if it was carried out by someone i trusted to do the work correctly
so went to the local dealership bought all the service components and did the work myself and sent a copy of the sales invoice to the dealer i bought the car from and had a cheque for the full amount within a few days

its a long story sometimes you just have to fight to get what you paid for

Brian

Never take the word of a inept salesperson. If you think the info is wrong, go to the Parts Dept. and he them look up your question. Can you imagine the liability Harley would be taking without a sealed fuel tank? Lawyers would drewl.

Thorns

"Dont need a gas cap"!!!!!???????? Yea right - and the tire is only flat on the bottom!!!!! :newsmile061:

actually like the guy I worked with on the bike and usually chat w/ him when I stop by their shop....hate to get the fella called into the mgr's office...i'll get him to get me a cap ..but does make me stop and say huh???!!! I just hope the service guys are a bit more attentive to detail..should I ever need their services -

Like him or not, You will be doing others a disservice by NOT reporting it. That could be a huge safety issue, and lawsuit for that dealer.

As everyone else has already stated, I've never seen a HD without a fuel cap under the door. I'd make sure the dealership's GM knows that this boneheaded salesman needs some more product education before he deals with the public!

The GM at the dealer needs to hear about it. I think the $650 setup charge should be turned into in-store credit and new chrome added.

What, I cant imagine this hapening, lucky thing here there was no fire or explosion, did it set a code, like fuel injected cars when the cap is left loose, bad info from that rep; I would have words with the GM JMO

Finally made it up to the dealer on Monday and got my cap - yea, probably doing other poor soul's that follow an injustice by leaving well enuf alone and dealing with the rep myself - but that's where I"m leaving this one -

Back