free website stats program Screw-on fuel cap on '08 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Screw-on fuel cap on '08 Ultra

trvlr

When I pop the chrome fuel lid to add gas..there in no fuel cap. I was told by the HD sales rep that that's the norm on these Ultras.

Is this correct? The filler tube is threaded and looks like it could certainly have a fuel cap that screws on - but there is none, and I was told that's normal. I've never had a problem with fuel spill or gas fumes..but if someone could clarify for me, would appreciate -

i have to laugh...it's been that kinda day today.. Seemed odd to me, but I asked when I was closing the deal, and was told there is no screw on cap..amazing - thanks gentlemen. I appreciate -

UMMMMM, No
There is a fuel cap under the door. Black one. Has a little click release as you tighten it down. Your sales rep may want to actually spend some time on the bikes he sells.

Go to the dealer principal and tell him what you were told by the rep. Bet they give you a cap.

What a bunch of jerks to say that !

Go to the dealer principal and tell him what you were told by the rep. Bet they give you a cap.

What a bunch of jerks to say that !

I was going to say something like that but figured if I started I would not stop with a name that was forum safe.

actually like the guy I worked with on the bike and usually chat w/ him when I stop by their shop....hate to get the fella called into the mgr's office...i'll get him to get me a cap ..but does make me stop and say huh???!!! I just hope the service guys are a bit more attentive to detail..should I ever need their services -

ermmmm you need a new black twist in fuel cap as the fuel door will not stop fuel leaking - you also need a new dealer as to say this is normal is not good, its missing.
Both mine have a black cap under the door

I was under the impression that when evaporative closed system was introduced to HD, it was back as early as 2000 or so...as EFI was one of the reasons for more controlled fueling to meet EPA standards.

Such a late 2008 model HD is surely missing that sealed gas cap. Look in the perimeter for a vent hole where the overflow vented gas vapors are supposed to be capured in a charcoal plastic cannister about the physical size of a soup can.

I think that dealer should fire that REP! Don't they know if nothing else they would make a sale by offering to check the bike and make sure the system is intact and running as it against local and federal laws for dealer to sell without that check? :bigsmiley21:

Last edited:
Back