free website stats program Screaming Eagles | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Screaming Eagles

I recently bought an '08 FLSTC 105th Anniversary Edition that came with Screaming Eagle Slip Ons also.

I am very disappointed in the lack of sound, but i'm concerned about what to do next. The dealer is pushing for me to get Rhinehart Slip Ons which they say will give a solid "hearty" sound for around $500.

What is the advantage / disadvantage to doing a full exhaust system overhault (with air cleaner, remap etc) versus just slip ons?

Are Rhineharts a good slip on?

Thanks for any help.
Mark

Mark

It depends on what you want to get out of the bike. The V&H ovals have fewer problems than the Reinhardt's do and sound is good. A bit on the loud side but not offensive.

Doing the download isn't the best way to go when you use other than Harley parts. It will end up lean. Get something like a TFI and add your slipons plus a stage 1 and get about 8-10 HP and a better running bike too.

Here's the site for the TFI

http://www.techlusion.com/

Mark at M&M cycles will give you a better price on the slipons.

https://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm

Do the newer SE mufflers have removable baffles for the TM baffles, the older ones did, but I'm doubtfull of the new ones.

A friend of mine is buying an 08 Dyna wide glide. He is looking for a pair of Rush slip on mufflers that had 4 different size baffels to change the sound. I thought that was pretty cool- for $65.00 you can change the sound of the pipes.

Be careful with the bigger baffles on fuel injected bikes. No back pressure from the big baffles means a poor running bike.:hii

FI bikes need backpressure to run right.

I ran a set of Screamin Eagle 11's on my 2007 FatBoy and it ran well without any adjustment to the fueling, tried it without baffles and it felt gutless.
FatBoy has now been treared to some V&H big radius, highflow air filter and a Kitec fueler I think these are similar to your "Techlusion" version, now it goes and sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I ran a set of Screamin Eagle 11's on my 2007 FatBoy and it ran well without any adjustment to the fueling, tried it without baffles and it felt gutless.
FatBoy has now been treared to some V&H big radius, highflow air filter and a Kitec fueler I think these are similar to your "Techlusion" version, now it goes and sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Got a link for the fueler, would like to check them out.

Back