free website stats program Screaming eagle stage one air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

Screaming eagle stage one air cleaner

Harpua

Gentlemen,
I'm considering putting a screaming eagle stage one air cleaner on my 2010 sportster 48. The local dealership says I should include a 150.00 dollar download for them to assess. But, some webpages just say to install it yourself.. and very good instructions are included.. I've got the screaming eagle pipes on the bike already and figured the air cleaner will only help increase the HP.. Should I have the download done? I'd rather not due to the $$$.. Thanks for your input... Ride safe..
Carl

You need more fuel if you install the air cleaner being you have the pipes now.

Forget the download from the dealer, they are still lean for EPA.

Go with the TFI unit, they are adjustable just like a carb.

Much info in the self help forum on the TFI .

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

Forum members get a discount on the unit too and the manufacturer posts here on the forum to answer any questions you may have.

TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community

Gliders recommendations are tried and true for MANY Harley owners, me being one. TFI= easy/adjustable/reliable and tech support handy. Plus $$ incentives for forum members and veterans. :newsmile093:

+1

Also consider getting the Gen3. It is made by the same company, and its load-based control is somewhat advanced, over their TFI. It has a few more features as well. It is a few dollars more, but, worth it.

The only significant thing the factory download will do will be to raise your rev limit. Any fuel added is truly insignificant.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Listen to the previous 4 post and you can not go wrong. You will need to add fuel and the download will bring bike to Harley spec per EPA.

TFI is the only way to go, you can play with it and not have to pay the Stealer ever again:s

Thanks for the advice everyone.. TFI it is...

I'll do some homework to learn more...

Thanks again!!

Harpua

Back