free website stats program Screaming Eagle Race Tuner VS screaming Eagle EFI Race Fueler. | Harley Davidson Forums

Screaming Eagle Race Tuner VS screaming Eagle EFI Race Fueler.

S.PECK

What is the diferences between a Screaming Eagle EFI race tuner and a Screaming Eagle EFI race fueler? Are they the same thing?

No they are not the same the Race tuner plug in device and tuned via a dyno and computer.. the Race fueler is adjustable buy user .use adjust pots and can be set up on a dyno or not it is pretty much the same as a Doebeck TFI unit .

Ok, what would you suggest is a better option? I just took off my V.H pipes and installed some Trouble Makers by Hooker Headers, but since i did that it seems like my bike doesnt have that get up and go feeling any more. Seems slugish... Thanks for the reply..

i use the race fueler style the TFI by doebeck.. i dotn want to have to strap it to dyno and have it beat for them to try to tune it .. im not out for everlast .10 horsepower either

What is the diferences between a Screaming Eagle EFI race tuner and a Screaming Eagle EFI race fueler? Are they the same thing?
The super tuner makes you're stock ECM 100% programable and nothing is piggy backed on you're system were as the S/E fueler stays hooked up to your bike and blankets the whole fuel map richer or leaner how ever you adjusted it, With the super tuner you can adj. front or rear cylinders differently, warm up fuel, spark advance, see spark knock and so much more, if you need or want advance tuning you'll want to take it to a shop with a dyno but you can also just download the custom built map from the super tuner, they have stage 1 & 2 maps they call race maps, not that they are for racing but they are not street legal is all (too rich for EPA), it also has a smart tune function that sugusts where you should make changes in your fuel map, you can also use it as a diagnostic tool. If you are good enough with a computer to post on this forum you can find your way around a super tuner. CD & Cables sold separately as well as a training CD. It gets into a little bit of money were as fueler is a lot easyer on your pocket book. If you go with a fueler I would recomend the TFI over the S/E fueler as there is a ton of good suport on this forum for it and it works for a lot of people, but if you feel you need more or are planning big upgrades down the road that a fueler won't cover the super tuner is it.

The super tuner makes you're stock ECM 100% programable and nothing is piggy backed on you're system were as the S/E fueler stays hooked up to your bike and blankets the whole fuel map richer or leaner how ever you adjusted it, With the super tuner you can adj. front or rear cylinders differently, warm up fuel, spark advance, see spark knock and so much more, if you need or want advance tuning you'll want to take it to a shop with a dyno but you can also just download the custom built map from the super tuner, they have stage 1 & 2 maps they call race maps, not that they are for racing but they are not street legal is all (too rich for EPA), it also has a smart tune function that sugusts where you should make changes in your fuel map, you can also use it as a diagnostic tool. If you are good enough with a computer to post on this forum you can find your way around a super tuner. CD & Cables sold separately as well as a training CD. It gets into a little bit of money were as fueler is a lot easyer on your pocket book. If you go with a fueler I would recomend the TFI over the S/E fueler as there is a ton of good suport on this forum for it and it works for a lot of people, but if you feel you need more or are planning big upgrades down the road that a fueler won't cover the super tuner is it.

Chopper, I'm new to this forum and also to Harleys. I've ridden for 45 years and now have an 09 Deluxe. I plan to add Rush slip ons and a stage 1 air cleaner. Will a TFI handle this effectively and when the 02 sensors are bypassed will this cause problems. From this forum it seems that this product does a good job. Thanks for any help you can give me.

harleypr the TFI should work fine for you, although I have never used or installed one, I don't think it bypasses, it just changes the signals, It sounds like a cost effective solution to the fuel system to me. Only reason I would never use one is I do not like to piggy back anything to the electrical system that I don't have to, I can do a stright download and then the dealer is responsible for it or I can spend a few extra dollars and install a download using the super tuner and keep the tuner safe at home and if I ever sell the bike it just adds value to the bike for resale, plus with just stage one I don't feel it needs dyno tune just the can map. Nothing to go wrong or go south after the fact. But the TFI has great support on this forum and does a good job for most of the members, sometimes I wonder how much TFI stock they own") ") ") ") ?)
The choice is your's but I have to be honest the way I feel, that does not mean you have to feel the same. You would probably be content with the TFI a lot of folks are.

I'm in the process of purchasing a bike with the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner Kit. I just spoke with the mechanic that I deal with and he told me the Power Commander is a much better option, is this correct or does it go back to personal preference. I'D like a little more torque on the low end but I don't need anything outrageous. Told me the same thing about the rinehart true duals having less hp compared to the Bassani. I don't need a speed machine but I don't want a dog either.

I'm in the process of purchasing a bike with the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner Kit. I just spoke with the mechanic that I deal with and he told me the Power Commander is a much better option, is this correct or does it go back to personal preference. I'D like a little more torque on the low end but I don't need anything outrageous. Told me the same thing about the rinehart true duals having less hp compared to the Bassani. I don't need a speed machine but I don't want a dog either.

Everyone has their preferences and they sometimes are based on profit margin. Most dealers that recommend a SERT will also know that they are going to make another $3-$500 for dyno time on top of the cost of the unit.

The differences between the PC and the SERT are like apples and lemons. The SERT is a much better unit but requires a dyno tune to get the max out of it and the PC can have a canned map downloaded a bit easier as would the SERT but the SERT is a better option IMO.

From what you say that about not looking for a "race machine" my preference would be the TFI and that you can do yourself with no maps or dynos needed. Again this is my preference that I have used many times and they do work at a minimal expense as compared to the others. IMO all the high dollar tuners do more than the TFI but we're dealing with a motor that is old in design and not meant by any means for top end racing. Adding some fuel only with the TFI will give you a very streetable bike. Is it "tuned " to the max? NO but then again you have to know the capabilities of the tuner himself before we can even begin to asses the situation.

Back