free website stats program screamin eagle oil slobber | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

screamin eagle oil slobber

Don

You may be on to something there. With a 13-1 CR, I'll bet there was detonation going on that wasn't heard and that's where the damage came from.
I would get that CR down a bit if you are using this as a street bike. JMHO
What octane fuel was being used in this motor?

actually decom buttons work great..as I said I am very happy with this change it starts, runs,, idles, all the above, better than I ever dreamed. in fact to pass on the interstate is a simple throttle small turn. and I am gone which is what I wanted. I didnt want the slobber tho.and it frustrates me, i never thought of bad oil ring......

================================================

i never use anything but a premium gas 91 or higher, never even a ping is heard.
i telling you this babe hauls plenty of (EDIT)
dyno was at 129 hp, and 145 torque. so i am happy.
I am working with my dealer who i say is and has been great. We will get this solved. the others I know of are built around the state, but owners and dealers. it is a common problem up here for some reason on 103 that are built factory bikes are fine....so i am sure my dealer will get this resolved, and I will help as I do have a engine background, lol just not in gas diesel......
thank you for the answers I will look them all over
oleslookin

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not believe your oil pressure is the problem. Oil reaches a smoke point before it reaches it's boiling point and therefore I would think you would smell the oil before it boils. Smoke point for most automotive oils is above 350* and since your temps are below this I think that Gliders initial response is within reason. I would suggest that the dealer do a leak down test to determine if the rings are the problem.

I would suggest that the dealer do a leak down test to determine if the rings are the problem.

The problem is that the compression rings will support the compression doing a test but don't give an indication of the shape of the oil scraper rings.

I understand what your saying and this could be a broken or improperly installed oil ring. Undoubtly the dealer is working with the OP and I'm sure everyone involved would like to solve this issue. Could this be an improperly installed breather valve?

I doubt that it is a breather valve but nothing would surprise me. It's more of an oil control issue in the lower engine.

i will check this out but. I find several others with the same issue but they are 103.
i have great compresion. in fact the dealer told me I am at 13 to one?
you maybe right however, I did use amsoil and it still occured

Why would any one build 13 to one for street use am I missing some thing here, I would have the rings checked and check the piston skirts too I bet you have forged racing pistons and the rings are not gaped correctly

Could oil pump misalignment be causing some of this? Not scavenging the crankcase fast enough and getting a backup?
Is there any possibility the umbrella valves were left out of the rocker boxes, or otherwise not put in properly?

Could oil pump misalignment be causing some of this? Not scavenging the crankcase fast enough and getting a backup?
Is there any possibility the umbrella valves were left out of the rocker boxes, or otherwise not put in properly?

Very good addition Breeze:s

Usually with the oil pump misalignment and sumping there is a noticable loss in power too but it may not be to that stage yet. Worth a look.

Back