free website stats program screamin eagle oil slobber | Harley Davidson Forums

screamin eagle oil slobber

oleslookin

My 05 ulta engine is now 113, tuned exhust, did it at a hd dealer it runs great, starts perfectly, got better on gas use, however
oil pressure is at 40 lbs all the time, oil temp is 240 with outside temp at 42. and upon decelerating oil boils out of the aircleaner, the hotter the outside air temp the worse it gets. added an oil cooler, made the diffence of 40 deg it used to be 310 deg. it will do this till all the crackcase oil is gone. (synthectic oil hd used)
so is it, oil over relief, to high pressure, what?
I have over 6000 miles on this engine is been doing it since day one.
totally frustrated and ruined lots of clothes and rear brakes.Ideas!!!! I will listen...
but it has to come to an end or .........

You should consider a better oil for the engine but it sounds like you have an oil ring control problem. Let the dealer figure it out and possibly replace the oil rings on the pistons to stop it.

You should consider a better oil for the engine but it sounds like you have an oil ring control problem. Let the dealer figure it out and possibly replace the oil rings on the pistons to stop it.

This is one I was at a total loss with. What are you thinking, back pressure blowby?

This is one I was at a total loss with. What are you thinking, back pressure blowby?

My school of thought is that being it was happening since day 1, the oil rings may be defective/broken or installed wrong causing the oil to be pumped UP instead of pulled down.

I had this on an engine in the past if there is badly fitted or worn rings the pressure from the burning fuel can get passed the piston and pressurise the crankcase forcing the oil that is in the crankcase out of the breather the faster the engine goes the quicker the oil comes out

Brian

i will check this out but. I find several others with the same issue but they are 103.
i have great compresion. in fact the dealer told me I am at 13 to one?
you maybe right however, I did use amsoil and it still occured

While I agree there are better oil products that can be used, I don't think changing oil will do anything for your problem. Something is causing the oil to be forced up to the rocker box area. Has the dealer offered any ideas on the cause? The others that are haveing this problem, did they also have the work done by the same dealer?

i will check this out but. I find several others with the same issue but they are 103.
i have great compresion. in fact the dealer told me I am at 13 to one?
you maybe right however, I did use amsoil and it still occured

Did the dealer tell you what the compression readings were? Compression Ratio is derived by what the squish band area is, and if you indeed have 13to1 CR you would probably have to use an octain booster or some type of gas with an octain rating higher than pump gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
When BLOW BY gets around the rings it HEATS up the inners, IT will BOIL any OIL inside the bottom-top end like you are doing.... Such a HIGH Pressure in a cylinder head is hard to Hold , even with good Seated Rings...

You must have Blow By and from the start... What does the Builder say???

WHY 13/1??? Man that is only for the strip and are you riding it on the road???:newsmile07:

I would go there First (builder) to see if they will do a leak-down test. OR what do or did they say about the problem...???

signed....BUBBIE

Back