free website stats program Screamin Eagle Chrome Fork Brace? | Harley Davidson Forums

Screamin Eagle Chrome Fork Brace?

risuperglide

I really like the Screamin Eagle Chrome Fork Brace P/N 46595-06A & want to put one on my 2010 FXDC! However after reading the directions on the HD website it states "not recommended for chrome lower fork legs!" I have chrome lower sliders on my bike. Why does HD not want it installed then? I really liked it?......:newsmile08:

I've often wondered this myself and from what I understand it has something to do with the thickness of the chrome plating on the lower legs. Don't know about that but this is how I understand it.

I would think that the thickness does have something to do with the HD statement. I also think that because the brace is clamped onto the lower legs that the pressure could cause the chrome to crack.

I used the same brace on my dyna for a couple of years, installed the chrome sliders and the fork brace doesn't fit well at all with the new dust covers from the chrome slider kit.

I used the same brace on my dyna for a couple of years, installed the chrome sliders and the fork brace doesn't fit well at all with the new dust covers from the chrome slider kit.

Yesterday I asked a tech at HD & he said the exact thing!......:newsmile055:

Nice call 2006FXDCI.

Back