free website stats program scratch on frame | Harley Davidson Forums

scratch on frame

tlg1100

While doing service noticed scratch on frame,looks to be from previous owner bottoming out.The mark is back by shocks on underside of frame.Well like the dummy I am, I told couple of friends with softtail and both of them had scratch or scrapes in same place,one of them was kind of bad...now thats all he thinks about ,mine didn't go to bare metal but theirs did so hope they can get matching frame touch-up paint ?

You can get hd frame touch up paint in a pen. Works great. I had rub marks on my swingarm from saddlebags and it covered it up like it never happened. The pen is cheap too.
WAP.gif

The paint pens do work well, apply several coats, let dry, fine steel wool it, and polish, will look like new!

I actually used some gloss black modeling paint...still holding well. Don't know how these frames get dingers, but could be an assembly line thing because mine wasn't anywhere that could scrape from mongo turning.

Go to a good appliance store, and get a small brush bottle of the black touch-up paint they use of stoves & referigerators. I've used it on the black powder coat on my plane. It's hard & shiney, and goes on like nail polish.

Good recommendation by LocoPilot on the appliance paint...tough as nails. Although I'd think twice about joyriding in his plane...with that username...:s Gotta be a brush pilot, or crop duster behing that stick. :D

Good recommendation by LocoPilot on the appliance paint...tough as nails. Although I'd think twice about joyriding in his plane...with that username...:s Gotta be a brush pilot, or crop duster behing that stick. :D

Actualy I fly a two place Powered parachute. Its' a Powrachute PC-2000. Tons of fun at around 28 mph. It has a 60" three blade prop and a Rotax 65 HP 582. It's a two cycle, two cylinder oil injected liquid cooled 2-stroke. 10 gal. tank. And it's mostly black powdercoat with gold trim & brackets

I have 51 K miles, and wash underneath part of my bike regularly. Many Frame tube dings occur during normal use from rocks being kicked up off the road. I did scrap frame in Myrtle beach this year, so sanded and painted frame to prevent rusting.

Back