free website stats program scratch and swril marks remover | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

scratch and swril marks remover

After reading about all the Pledge users out there I decided to give it a try. I am truly impressed. I now have another can of wax (liquid glass) sitting on the shelf. If you haven't tried the Pledge, do yourself a favor and try it. It really is quite amazing!!! Bike looks new and smells good too!

Are you poking fun at me Glider? It's true, and if you don't believe me ask smitty Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us Glider, we always learn a lot from you.

How do you get the smilies onto my post. When I do it I get a link appearing instead. What did I do wrong? Glider? Help!!!:newsmile048:

I use pledge everyday for the quick and easy clean. BUT, I didn't have any luck using it to remove small scratches (like dragging the fuel hose nozzle lightly across the tank), ask me how I know this. I used regular ol' Johnson's paste wax and a microfiber to buff out the very light scratch.:newsmile021:

I was reaching for the gas cap that was sitting on the pump, pulled the nozzle out and scratched about 1/2 inch line in the clear coat. I always use the gas cap to catch the last drip when putting away the hose. Oh well, it was still a great ride.:newsmile065:

Remember, Pledge doesn't remove scratches...it fills them temporarily with silicon. To remove scratches you need to buff. For very light scratches, just buffing firmly with wax will soften the clear coat and fill the scratches...permanently. Deeper scratches need various combinations of pads and abrasive. As a rule of thumb, if you can feel the scratch with your finger nail, it's beyond scratch-removal repair and requires clear coating to fix.

Back