free website stats program scratch and swril marks remover | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

scratch and swril marks remover

Thanks for the tips on the Pledge, made a world of difference on my bike. Now I'm going to buy a package of the wipes to keep in the bags.

Polished my 11 year old Black Buell S3t with Pledge, it looks as if it just came off the show room floor...

Sorry if this sounds dumb but when you say Pledge are you taling about the normal everyday furniture polish?

Cheers,

Chris.

I was talking to other bike owners at work the other day and I mentioned all of the advice you guys have given about Pledge. I personally used it on my Sporty and was very satisfied. The guys at work ribbed me for awhile until another co-worker mentioned that Pledge was all that he used on his bass boat. Well, as they stated if it is good enough for a bass boat then they would use it on their bikes. How is that for good o Ga redneck logic?:D:D

I didn't believe it till I tried it myself. Pledge works great on all paint surfaces and chrome. I did a wax/ pledge challenge on the fairing. The pledge won the race. But you don't need to use very much pledge. Spray it on a micro towel rub it all over the paint. Then wipe it off as soon as it dries.

I bet after you try it you to will be a pledge user!!!

All right I'll admit it..I was like ((YOU WERE WHAT>? EDITED))Pledge??...went out.... bought a can and now I can not stop!!...I have done three car's and the bike..then I took the bike out and got it all bugged up so I could pledge it again....I think I am addicted..I need help!.....unbelievable

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my wife pick some up fri so I could see for myself.............

The ole '93 has never shined so bright! And it was easy to boot!

And the shield was nearly like new, only problem was a little reflection from the shine of the chrome on the inside that would catch my eye.

I use pledge everyday for the quick and easy clean. BUT, I didn't have any luck using it to remove small scratches (like dragging the fuel hose nozzle lightly across the tank), ask me how I know this. I used regular ol' Johnson's paste wax and a microfiber to buff out the very light scratch.:newsmile021:

I was reaching for the gas cap that was sitting on the pump, pulled the nozzle out and scratched about 1/2 inch line in the clear coat. I always use the gas cap to catch the last drip when putting away the hose. Oh well, it was still a great ride.:newsmile065:

Back