free website stats program Scraped my pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Scraped my pipes

Jdsmitty10

Pulled out making a hard uphill right hand turn the other night and my Big radius pipes scraped... anyone else scrape their pipes ever? luckily it is hardly noticeable unless you get down on the ground and look...still annoys me though..

Wow that's leaning over pretty far. I got the same pipes and hope I don't scrape them.

I've got v & h long shots on mine and i've done it also.Scraped the floor board the other day on left side .I really dont like doing it.

Ya it was scary, it took all i had to make the turn...i was heading for the curb on the other side of the road so all the angles were against me... plus i was riding 2 up which i am not used to since the wifey and i rarely have babysitters..so that made the bike lower too and more difficult to handle on a slow uphill turn...not that the wifey is heavy, probably 110 soaking wet..

Yup, thunderheader used to scrape all the time when I had the mid-controls, towards the front bend of the pipe (something the pipes are known for). Now with the forward controls on I tend to scrape my boot or the pegs before I get low enough for the pipes. Regardless how many times I hit, I still hate it and now am looking to replace the pipes with a different 2-1, since when I had the bike up I really did not like how scraped up they looked under there.

Eventually we will all scrape a pipe on our bikes when they are lower to the ground. I had an issue with scraping my pipes while slipping in the rain.

Back