free website stats program Scary/Wild Ride last Night | Harley Davidson Forums

Scary/Wild Ride last Night

01dynaglide

I was on the way home from work last night (dark) cruising down the Interstate about 65 - 70 mph. I was in the left lane and I had a concrete wall to my left and slower trafic to my right. I felt the back of my bike wobble just a little so I lifted off of the throttle a little and about the time I did the rear tire blow out! It kicked the backend of the bike around to my left big time. I tapped the front brake just a little then hit the throttle a little. After fighting with her for what seemed like ever but went by in the blink of an eye I was able to straighten her up and make it to the side of the rode without laying her down. Man you talking about something scary! I don't know it I rode over something or what. I'm going to look it over this afternoon to see if/what damage was done. Ride safe and always be ready for anything because you never know when something can happen!

Sounds like you handled it great!

This is one of the reasons I simply don't like riding after dark. Can't see hazards in the road anywhere near as well as during the day. Others don't see you as well either, I don't care how many additional lights you have.

Again, I'm really thankful it came out OK for you!

Nothing can take the place of good riding skills, but a little luck never hurts. Glad you & your scoots all right.

Glad to here you're OK. Any idea at all as to what happened ? We would love to know when you find out.

Nice job!! Amen to never know!! Have you stopped shaking yet?

Yeah, it took awhile though. After I got it stopped and sit down for a minute I felt tire as if I had been working out or something. I think it was from the adrenalin.

92FXRS - I'm not sure if I ran over something or what. I don't recall hitting anything in the road. I'm going to look it over tonight to see if I can figure something out and I will update everyone.

I'm glad you made it out safely. There IS no substitute for riding skills. Hope the scoot is ok too. Here lately in Houston its been a rash of accidents and fatalities lately. I say a prayer for all who ride.

Great Job, sounds like you did evertything right... I'm Thankful for the safe outcome for you & your family !!

Back