free website stats program Scam on ebay!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Scam on ebay!!!

Consider yourself a lucky man!:D
Believe it or not there is a lot of good people on E-BAY & only a few scammers . There is more scammers on Craig's list for sure & you don't have E-BAY backing the seller & buyer . I refuse to pay H.D. dealers prices - outrageous mark-ups !!

Not trying to beat this scam issue to death , but how does another person actually sell a motorcycle to anybody without possession & the title . That's just nuts somebody would try that without actual possession & title of the motorcycle .

True and I never buy new either as the sales tax here in IL is $7.25 or more when you purchase from a dealer compared to the $25.00 flat rate tax when you purchase from a private party (IL residence only).

That is what my bike is a great dealer if you live in the state ;-)

Believe it or not there is a lot of good people on E-BAY & only a few scammers . There is more scammers on Craig's list for sure & you don't have E-BAY backing the seller & buyer . I refuse to pay H.D. dealers prices - outrageous mark-ups !!

I would imagine you would be asked to send a deposit, it has been done before w/ cars etc.

Not trying to beat this scam issue to death , but how does another person actually sell a motorcycle to anybody without possession & the title . That's just nuts somebody would try that without actual possession & title of the motorcycle .

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about scams,I had a phone mess.yesterday,saying the IRS has a lawsuit against me,and gave a # to call.I submitted a complaint with FTC,I guess people actually start sending money to these clowns.Hope they nail em.

Yeah it only take one. It seems now the newest CL nuisance is jokers telling you to call them and provide a bogus number. Have not figured out that angle yet unless its some type or phone number harvesting service so you can get more annoying calls.

As the economy has slowed it has gotten a lot worse it seems.....

I see that this jerk is still running a ad elsewhere, I tried contacting the website but have yet to hear back!

2012 Harley-Davidson Touring for sale in Jonesboro, Georgia, Usa - Usedbikesforsale.us

I wouldn't waste my time contacting the web site, They probably don't see this as a priority. My suggestion is you contact your local law enforcement and make a report if you haven't already done so.

This is a felony level fraud case and should be of interest to them. It doesn't matter if the scum bag is in a different state and it my very well enhance the crime.

The last apartment i lived in i had someone go through my saddlebags. They didnt steal my $80 riding glasses. The only thing they took was my registration and proof of insurance. That has something to do with these kinds of scams.

Ebay, like every other buyer/seller forum has it's good points and bad. When I purchased my FXRS about 5 years ago, the seller had an excellent reputation, answered any and all questions that I asked, and couldn't be more forthcoming. The bike was everything he said it was. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but if you are careful, you can use Ebay to your advantage. Good work on your part bringing this clown to light.

Back