free website stats program Scala Bluetooth headset | Harley Davidson Forums

Scala Bluetooth headset

horizonchaser

Contributor
Last week I posted that I thought it would be a good idea if, when riding in a group it seemed like a good idea to have contact via CB with the lead rider and a person in the rear of the group. Well, I talked my buddy into buying the J & M headset for both the full face helmet and the 3/4 helmet. While we were in the store picking up his $330.00 headset I noticed the Scala 4 wireless bluetooth on the display counter and it caught my eye. It seemed to have so many more advantages over the wired J & M set. For example: It allows you to take a call from your phone while you are riding. It is VOX activated. You can listen to Pandora radio commercial free. My question is, before he opens the packaging of the J & M headset that he spent a total of $330.00 on, should he spend around the same amount of money and go for the Scala? Does anyone on this forum know something about that. I can vouch for the wired Boom HD headset that I use with my wife but even with THAT headset I wasn't able to talk to her while I was riding my bike and she was following behind me in the car on our last vacation. Should he go with the Scala? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I told him to hold off opening the packaging and I would ask the members of my forum for their collective input. Thanks a lot!

My husband and I have the Scala 4 Rider headsets. We love them. We each have our own bikes and we can talk to each other while riding.

My husband and I have the Scala 4 Rider headsets. We love them. We each have our own bikes and we can talk to each other while riding.
And my understanding is that you can take a phone call while riding. Is that true? Do you find the audio clear with no background distortion?
Thanks!

Scala riders Work good, talk on phone- listen to music , talk to passenger, or with another bike, Go to the web site for different versions -uses.

I just purchased the Sena SMH10 units but have not used them enough to give an honest review of them. I did however do quite a bit of research, reading on-line reviews, as well as members opinions here that have used them before deciding on them over the other options.

Most of the reviews I read that also reviewed the Scala units leaned toward the Sena Units which is why I went that direction. Point being they may be worth looking at as an option. Got mine at http://www.cyclybots.com for $299.00 for the set.

I've had the Scala for a cpl of years now...when I'm riding and the wife calls she says it's really clear reception....even better than the cell phone...I called a friend once who had a Scala too...I couldn't tell he was on his bike....All the above instances were with full face helmets.

We have the sena works great have not used it from bike to bike yet but have used it as an intercom and for the phone.We have 3/4 helmits there is some background noise but not that bad,it will also hook up to anything that is bluetooth.I went with this type of system as I do not like wires,altho this has the capability to hook up with wires if the unit(phone,mp3,gps)is not bluetooth.This will also last all day without charging love it

I just purchased the Sena SMH10 units but have not used them enough to give an honest review of them. I did however do quite a bit of research, reading on-line reviews, as well as members opinions here that have used them before deciding on them over the other options.

Most of the reviews I read that also reviewed the Scala units leaned toward the Sena Units which is why I went that direction. Point being they may be worth looking at as an option. Got mine at http://www.cyclybots.com for $299.00 for the set.
Same here Triple. I too checked the reviews on various headsets and discovered the Sena while doing the research. I had never heard of Sena before and like yourself, found the reviews to favor the Sena. Although I already own the HD Boom headset, I think I may eventually pick up a Bluetooth headset also. Thanks all for your input.

Have been using the Sena SMH10 for a couple of years now, and they worked flawlessly again on the Sturgis trip this year. There were times that I couldn't see the bikes ahead of me in heavy traffic, but we could all still communicate effectively.

Back