free website stats program say it ain't so, please! | Harley Davidson Forums

say it ain't so, please!

glimmerman

went to the hardware store to pick up some bolts for a project on the chev. van. metric head and u s thread(?). hardware guy tells me some harley guys were there buying METRIC chrome plated stuff for the newer bikes. i just got used to using real tools again and working on American iron. now i have to dig out the foreign stuff. is this the truth or is this guy wrong.
don't want to start on the ultra and find i need a 17&2/3 mm socket for something.

went to the hardware store to pick up some bolts for a project on the chev. van. metric head and u s thread(?). hardware guy tells me some harley guys were there buying METRIC chrome plated stuff for the newer bikes. i just got used to using real tools again and working on American iron. now i have to dig out the foreign stuff. is this the truth or is this guy wrong.
don't want to start on the ultra and find i need a 17&2/3 mm socket for something.

Yep, there are more than a few metric fasteners on your bike. Most notably on the forks, some lighting stuff. It makes for interesting wrench sessions.

Breeze3at the expression on your avatar speaks volumes about your joy with all that interesting wrenching...:laugh

Yes your HD a sucessful "blend" of domestic and global engineering...:swoon

Back