free website stats program Saw 2 today | Harley Davidson Forums

Saw 2 today

Saw my first HD today while leaving work (Road Glide). Awesome sound...spring is in the air.

I know I am ready to get my bike out. We just need to get rid of more snow, ice and road salt.:newsmile078:

Michigan, seen first bike of the year yesterday (Ultra) 42F

Too much salt on the roads to do that to me baby. :hii

A friend of mine who lives in Rhode Island told me that he was out riding in his car when he hears the roar of loud pipes gaining on him and he is thinking to himself that the guy needs a new exhaust. Then he turns to look and along side of him is a guy on his bike passing him! Keep in mind it has been really cold and snowy here in the northeast lately so for him to see that sight must have blown his mind. He told me that story because he knows that I ride. I just shook my head and smiled and told him that I would have given that guy the thumbs up sign. He's a better man than me.
As for my ride, she's home all covered up in the garage vampire like, with her battery tender patiently (o.k. unpatiently ) waiting for the warmer weather with no sand, black ice, or salt on these country roads before she rides again.

I'm totally with you on waiting for the road salt to get washed away . It'll be some time before the roads aren't white in iowa . I can wait .

The roads in the hills of Northwest CT are covered with salt, sand , and lots of ice around. Plus, most of the roads are so shot with Frost Heave, I wouldn't take my bike out anyway. Still, the itch to ride is getting stronger and stronger now. At the end of this month I'll move the bike from the trailer storage to the garage and be ready when/if we get good days to ride . This past weekend, I saw two brave souls riding in my area.

Back