Saw 2 today

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by capeglide, Feb 14, 2011.

1. capeglide

capeglide New Member

Driving home from Beantown saw two baggers, temps hit 50 today, my driveway is still full of ice... those lucky (EDIT)

Please read this...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
  2. 84FXRS

84FXRS Member

Jersey is looking towards 50 this week, might approach 60 end of week

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Saw my first HD today while leaving work (Road Glide). Awesome sound...spring is in the air.

4. Grillfish

Grillfish Junior Member

Saw about 100 on Sunday alone... Sorry, I'm in FL :)

Ride safe and have fun.

5. Duane53

Duane53 Active Member

I know I am ready to get my bike out. We just need to get rid of more snow, ice and road salt.:newsmile078:

6. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

Michigan, seen first bike of the year yesterday (Ultra) 42F

Too much salt on the roads to do that to me baby. :hii

7. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

A friend of mine who lives in Rhode Island told me that he was out riding in his car when he hears the roar of loud pipes gaining on him and he is thinking to himself that the guy needs a new exhaust. Then he turns to look and along side of him is a guy on his bike passing him! Keep in mind it has been really cold and snowy here in the northeast lately so for him to see that sight must have blown his mind. He told me that story because he knows that I ride. I just shook my head and smiled and told him that I would have given that guy the thumbs up sign. He's a better man than me.
    As for my ride, she's home all covered up in the garage vampire like, with her battery tender patiently (o.k. unpatiently ) waiting for the warmer weather with no sand, black ice, or salt on these country roads before she rides again.

8. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

I'm totally with you on waiting for the road salt to get washed away . It'll be some time before the roads aren't white in iowa . I can wait .

9. alto

alto Active Member

The roads in the hills of Northwest CT are covered with salt, sand , and lots of ice around. Plus, most of the roads are so shot with Frost Heave, I wouldn't take my bike out anyway. Still, the itch to ride is getting stronger and stronger now. At the end of this month I'll move the bike from the trailer storage to the garage and be ready when/if we get good days to ride . This past weekend, I saw two brave souls riding in my area.

10. billnapabill

billnapabill Active Member

Ditto from Kalifornia!