free website stats program Satellite Radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Satellite Radio

Taking some long trips on my 2009 ultra and needs some suggestions on what to buy. Only plan on listening to music. Please help with mounts etc.
Thanks

If you are taking long trips you might be interested in the Garmin Zumo 550 gps combined with the xm radio sat receiver. Pricey but I am very satisfied with the combination. I bought the lifetime xm subscripition.
kemo

Kemo, how much does it cost for Lifetime XM Radio? I remember seeing standard was something like $3-$4/month, did not know there was a lifetime subscription. Considering broadcast radio being free albeit fading in and out, others may be interested in such.

Curious to know cost as well, also i thought it was sirrius radio as they bought XM or was it the other way around?

I am thinking that it was over $400 - $470. I cancelled my monthly subscription and that gave me a $70 credit and then there was currency exchange because I am Canadian and I use an American address. It was a lot of money but at the time I was using three radios and my 3 month fee was around $90 Canadian
kemo

Kemo, not really that bad when you think about it. Most of us should think about this because free public radio, TV and CD/DVD technology is slowly going thru a pardigm shift...commecial advertising cannot keep up with Corporate salaries, and day to day expenses. The digitizing of public radio & TV is the start of something more ominous and think about the public network being controlled by media giants, without free acces.

I have Sirius sat. music. Use the Xact XTR1- Stream receiver with the motorcycle mounting kit. See here:

Xact Technology - XTR1 Stream | jockey

TQ

I have the sirius too. I bought a reconditioned unit and motorcycle mounting kit from the sirius web site. I don't remember the exact cost, but I think it was around $80. The only thing is, it isn't waterproof. The mounting kit does come with a cover for the radio though.

I love having Sat. radio on my El. Glide, I use a Sirius Sportster Replay,, the "high power" model.. I didn't want to have something mounted to the handlebars so I mounted it in the tour pack..Just set your radio to the set station and it plays right though the radio, no wires,works great.And out of sight..and your buddys close buy can tune in to it also......

I used the Garmin Zumo 550 with the RAM mounting hardware on handlebars, and a antennae mount for the Garmin GXM 30 antennae from Cycle Gadgets.
I have 2 Ultras, so this mounting allows me to very quickly change from bike to bike.

Back