free website stats program Sass-A-Fracka-Rackin..... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sass-A-Fracka-Rackin.....

I've been out of the parts business for a while.but this is the way it used to be. Bike batteries that we sold were "dry". When a customer bought one we would add the acid to it which would activate it somewhat,but we either trickle charged it for them or made it clear to them that they trickle charge it before using. They were kept dry, because it gave them longer shelf life. Once filled with acid the timeline for their life expectancy starts then. Also as mentioned earlier a weak battery will tax your charging system. Dont know if this is true,but some battery reps claimed that if you put a 50% charged battery in, it will not ever reach much more capacity than that. Just the way it used to be...a long time ago...in a galaxy far far away.

Problem Solved: Sass-A-Fracka-Rackin.....

So a new battery, which after talking to the service guys for a bit, come sealed so they are wet or already filled. No more dry batteries maybe? I talked to him about charging it before I rode, which isnt going to happen because I have to ride home form work, and said that the ride home (42 miles) will be fine and just to keep it on the trickle charger. I also got a new key fob for the alarm as it was bad and leaving the bike in my work parking lot overnight scared me and everything including the "diagnostics" and labor and parts came to $310.00. The battery was $116 and the FOB was $39.95. Seems to me that 310 for a battery and programming a FOB is a bit steep....just my thoughts.

So the bike is back up and running and all in the world is in harmony once again.

Later and thanks,
2002SilverSurfer

Re: Problem Solved: Sass-A-Fracka-Rackin.....

The battery was $116 and the FOB was $39.95. Seems to me that 310 for a battery and programming a FOB is a bit steep....just my thoughts.

So the bike is back up and running and all in the world is in harmony once again.

Later and thanks,
2002SilverSurfer

Ouch, I'm glad I do my own work:s

Ouch, I'm glad I do my own work:s

Another "lesson learned" when this happened. I had taken the tools out of the bike as I was using some of them for the head gasket replacement on my truck so I had no tools with me and no one wanted to drive the 45 miles to my house and back to get what I needed. The bike will now have its own dedicated set of tools that will stay in the saddlebags at all times. Also, since I wasnt even 75% sure whether it was battery or fuel, I was kind of stuck.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and I will do exactly as Glider and Hobbit say from here on out. I should have just walked over to the dealership and bought a battery and the right size hex head tool for the seat bolts plus whatever I would have needed to replace the battery.

On this note....now my front marker lights arent working....the turn signals work....I would think that the turn and drving lights would be on the same fuse.....I'm off to the (friendly white glove waving guy) self help section....

Thanks,
2002SilverSurfer

Another "lesson learned" when this happened. I had taken the tools out of the bike as I was using some of them for the head gasket replacement on my truck so I had no tools with me and no one wanted to drive the 45 miles to my house and back to get what I needed. The bike will now have its own dedicated set of tools that will stay in the saddlebags at all times. Also, since I wasnt even 75% sure whether it was battery or fuel, I was kind of stuck.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and I will do exactly as Glider and Hobbit say from here on out. I should have just walked over to the dealership and bought a battery and the right size hex head tool for the seat bolts plus whatever I would have needed to replace the battery.

On this note....now my front marker lights arent working....the turn signals work....I would think that the turn and drving lights would be on the same fuse.....I'm off to the (friendly white glove waving guy) self help section....

Thanks,
2002SilverSurfer

You really do have bad luck,don't you. Your friends seem to have named you right:(

Back