Santee, SC.?

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Bodeen, May 11, 2011.

1. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

We may be headed up to the Santee, Sc. area in a few weeks just for a night. Looking for some advice on a restaurant, watering hole, motel etc. We're headed up I-95 so anything a little north, south, east or west would be fine.

Thanks,

Bodeen

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Bodeen; I can't help with food/drinks/lodging, but if you are not in a hurry to get there, I'd suggest getting off I-95 N. of Jax. and taking US17 to Walterboro, then US15 on up to Santee. Any or part is nothing special, just some nice, lightly traveled roads.

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I agree with Breeze. I95 can be a nightmare for motorcyclists with 18 wheelers and construction everywhere!

4. Bodeen

Breeze, we know that route well and will probably be returning that way. We are actually caging up to Santee. I need to bring cargo back otherwise the bike would be on the road. Thanks to you both, however.

Bodeen

5. IBA Harley

IBA Harley Active Member

I've never found much worth stopping for around Santee... except to fish in the lake there.

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Try Clark's Rest and Inn. Got great service there and the food was good and plentiful.

7. Bodeen

I've seen that and know right where it is. Thanks HDDON might be our spot.

Bodeen