free website stats program Santee Pegasus touring seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Santee Pegasus touring seat

Mavagrand

Buddy has a Santee Pegasus seat for an 08 touring bike. He is willing to let the seat go for 100.00. Done a little research and it is a good deal. I'm currently running with my stock touring seat, it has always been comfortable, but at this price I'm thinking about buying this Pegasus. Anyone have any experience with this seat?

Looks like a good seat and a great price I would try it, let us know how it feels Mark:s

This is a $700 seat. At that price you will be able to get your investment back if it turns out to be something you can't use.

Picked up the seat today in Ocala. It is a pretty seat, although a little hard. Wife and I rode home from Ocala, taking the slow route. It took us about 2.5 hours, at first no problems..as the ride progressed, the seat felt worse. It is much harder then the stock seat, and was not comfortable. I'm wondering if it has to get broke in like some shoes or baseball gloves when I was little? Anyone have any ideas on this? I'd like to keep the seat but not at the expense of comfort.

By the way Jack, I was in Leesburg only long enough to meet Art and follow him to his house in Ocala. It sure was hot today..

Might need some miles on it.
Corbin seats are recommended but they say they need to be broke in.
The dealership had a 2003 trade-in with a Corbin seat so I sat on it.
Still felt like a rock. Had to have been "broken in" as it was on the bike for quite a while.
I've always used Mustang seats. Comfortable right out of the box.

Put some miles on the seat yesterday. It has got to go! No way is this seat worth 700.00. Wife and I rode to Bradenton Beach and back (2 hrs each way), we were sore when we got home. My stock seat was good for 6 - 7 hour days. Gonna get ride of this one.

After my stock seat wore out I tried 5 different seats from Corbin to saddleman.I bought them and sold them just as fast.Finally bought the HD pillowtop after riding Ken's bike and I will stick with that.Long trips are comfortable for both my wife and myself.

After my stock seat wore out I tried 5 different seats from Corbin to saddleman.I bought them and sold them just as fast.Finally bought the HD pillowtop after riding Ken's bike and I will stick with that.Long trips are comfortable for both my wife and myself.

I'm gonna stick with the MoCo on this one as well. My stock seat has always been comfortable, from day one. She's five years old and has 30k on her but was fine when changed out. I've already talked to Art, we're gonna switch back as soon as I can make time to ride to Ocala. Not familar with the pillow top but when my stocker needs replacement will check into it.

Final update: Got my stock seat back. I have contact info if anyone isinterested ina Santee seat. :p

Back