free website stats program Sand and salt on the roads | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sand and salt on the roads

I watched the news coverage as the LEOs, ambulances, fire trucks, etc. were on the scene. I, as a fellow rider, found myself glued to the TV. When I learned he had died I was crushed. Just didn't look like that bad a fall. Had to be one of those "hit just right" things. Very sad. Was glad to see that TV also covered a lot of the memorial(s) for him. My prayers are with the family and friends.

Since this was a one vehicle accident let is serve a purpose. Remember, LET"S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!!!

Very sorry for the loss of a fellow rider. Thank you for the reminder too. I sat here watching the rain pour down the other day and thought how thankful I was it was clearing the roads. I won't ride until it is clear too as I was on the back of my husbands when we almost lost it on sand/salt last year.

I'll be getting my bike out of dealer storage on the 12th of March.....can't wait but also worried about the sand up here in New England that early! It will be my first spring on a bike as I bought my first bike last summer. I'll be taking it slow on the way home......but it will be good to have my bike in the garage for when I'm ready!!!!!!!!

Also sorry to hear about your friend.

A word of caution to all, although rains oftentimes do wash the sand off of the road it can also wash sand onto a road. I was coming around a blind corner 2 years ago after an evening of torrential rain and to my horror while fully into the corner I see sand had been broadcast into the road from the bank! I made it through without a problem but if I had been speeding and a car was coming around the bend heading towards me ( I had to take the corner wide) it may have been a different story. It was one of many close calls that caught me by surprise.

Sorry to hear about a fellow rider being injured or killed, its realy hard not to get my bike out but here in western Pa there is so much ash/cinders on our back roads theres no way im taking my bike out on them.

yep, got a taste of how it feelss to hit sandy gravel, this morning,, hello, wake up,, no harm done,, heavy rains last night made my commute interesting,, no doubt, fail to faill,,,,lol

Back