free website stats program San Marcos, Texas to Redding, Calif. | Harley Davidson Forums

San Marcos, Texas to Redding, Calif.

formike56

Will be leaving next weekend. Will leave here go to Colo. Sprgs., Then to Grand junction to Reno nv., to Redding. Will return the next weekend. Will go thru Moab, Ut. then to Silverton Co., Then back to central Texas.

:small3d006:

Sounds like an absolutely fabulous trip. Ride safe and give us a report during or after your return. I've ridden some of the area around Reno/Tahoe on rental bikes and it's gorgeous!

Will be leaving next weekend. Will leave here go to Colo. Sprgs., Then to Grand junction to Reno nv., to Redding. Will return the next weekend. Will go thru Moab, Ut. then to Silverton Co., Then back to central Texas.

:small3d006:

If you go to Silverton Colo...You gotta take a ride up to Ouray....on the 550..breath taking ..I promise.

Should be in Redding on Wed. the 27th. Will be at the Pine Cove resort on Trinity If I'm right. Hopefully it will be a little cooler there unlike Redding.

Just a few degrees my friend. It is a little higher up. We're in a bit of a cooling trend right now, mid to high 90's.

hey blockhead96 what is the weather outlook for end of next over labor day weekend? I will be around Weaverville..

Back in town 9/07/08 4:00 A.M. After 5700 miles and 2 weeks on the bike. It was a good trip with no mechnical problems. Averaged 45 to 60 mpg. Went thru the Utah & Nevade deserts. Temps. were around 84 degrees. Saw a lot of the country. You don't realize what you take for granted. Got to ride over the Continential Divide at Monarch Pass & Wilkerson Pass Colorado. That was the only time I hit bad weather. I'm glad I took the slicker with me. Best part of the ride was Moab Utah, Eureka Ca., Truckee Ca., Million Dollar Highway Between Durango Co. & Montrose Co. Will post a few pics later this week when time is available.
:bigsmiley40:

hope this works here are a few pics from the trip

Attachments

• 090508.jpg
    090508.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 60
  • blue mesa colo.jpeg
    blue mesa colo.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 53
  • monarch pass.jpeg
    monarch pass.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 44
  • canon city colo.jpeg
    canon city colo.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh... A SWT alumni... San Marcos is a cool town to live in. With the river that runs thru the park.. You have the best of Austin to the north with 6th street, to San Antonio to the south with the Mexican market... I have lived here for 15 yrs. 5 minutes from work can't ask for a better place.:naughty

Back