free website stats program Salt Springs 2016 | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Salt Springs 2016

Bump up, waiting to hear from Boodeen and PA to make it official:p

As I was on my way home today after a 300 mi. ride (it was 80 here today, sorry for all you who could not ride because of the temp.) I started to think about the upcoming meet in Salt Springs. While this is a great way for the members to get together and I could tell some stories about past meets, this event has a serious side. I remembered the last time a bunch of us sat around a small fire outside Kemo's camper. We swapped stories and learned about each others lives but mostly we saw a man that lived his life on his own terms. Kemo was the type of person you were proud to know and felt special if he called you friend. We had that night with him and the next morning as folks were packing up to leave Kemo came around walking his dog and saying his goodbyes. As I was staying an extra day we sat on the screen porch and drank coffee and planned to meet in two days. I was going to bring my wife over to meet Kemo and his wife. Most know the rest of the story. So as we get ready to meet again this year take a little time to remember Kemo and how he is still bringing us together.

As I was on my way home today after a 300 mi. ride (it was 80 here today, sorry for all you who could not ride because of the temp.) I started to think about the upcoming meet in Salt Springs. While this is a great way for the members to get together and I could tell some stories about past meets, this event has a serious side. I remembered the last time a bunch of us sat around a small fire outside Kemo's camper. We swapped stories and learned about each others lives but mostly we saw a man that lived his life on his own terms. Kemo was the type of person you were proud to know and felt special if he called you friend. We had that night with him and the next morning as folks were packing up to leave Kemo came around walking his dog and saying his goodbyes. As I was staying an extra day we sat on the screen porch and drank coffee and planned to meet in two days. I was going to bring my wife over to meet Kemo and his wife. Most know the rest of the story. So as we get ready to meet again this year take a little time to remember Kemo and how he is still bringing us together.

Although I never met him, I thank him for bringing us together. Stacee and I have enjoyed meeting, drinking, and talking about everyone...you know who you are..lol. We must always keep Kemo in mind and I do when we do the ride in his honor.

OK, 1 month to go, hope the weather co-operates for riding.
Stacee says she will do Red Beans and rice if that is to every ones liking.

Oh boy, that should make things odoriferous in Salt Springs! Sounds good to me. As you know, I'm pretty picky about what I eat and fortunately that's on the list..... :D

Sounds great Gator. If we can get an oven that works I'll do my Baby Back Ribs.

Unless something really changes fast I don't think I will make it. My father suffered a massive stroke the night before last. We have been basically bed side since. He woke up today and they took him off of the breathing tube but we have yet to see the damage done or what the road to recovery is. I meet again with the doctors at 11 am tomorrow.

Back