free website stats program Salt off roads? | Harley Davidson Forums

Salt off roads?

SLOWMAN

Any suggestions on when the salt rinses off the road enough to start riding in March.I Live in Wisconsin and winter missed us this year. Every year I ride earlier can't wait to get going.2012 Triglide.

I'm from massachusetts and I have already ridden to work on mine 4 times in the last two weeks! Was riding mine on 27 FEB! My thought process is not to look for reasons NOT to ride and look for reasons TO ride! Salt washes off.......just RIDE!:D

Not really a prob down where im at but after coming back from a weekend on the coast was amazed at what the salt air did to poor old betsy,dont chance it wait til august...or just a good washing after riding...

Don't worry about the salt, it's pretty much been washed off. I'd be more concerned about the sand.

I ride all winter, that's why i got 3 wheels, I'm not worried about salt, If i was i could have saved 30 grand and not have bought the T/G Believe it or not salt washers off. Now if your talking about a two wheeler, then the salt, sand ,gravel and snow /ice is down right dangerous to ride in so i keep my two wheeler in the barn for the winter.

I ride all winter, that's why i got 3 wheels, I'm not worried about salt, If i was i could have saved 30 grand and not have bought the T/G Believe it or not salt washers off. Now if your talking about a two wheeler, then the salt, sand ,gravel and snow /ice is down right dangerous to ride in so i keep my two wheeler in the barn for the winter.
QUOTE MAT 60...Man ,,That sounds like alot of fun in the winter..:)

Salt, Sand and SNOW, All 4 letter words that should be BANNED:p Seriously, tho If you ride early in the year you can rinse the bike off good to get rid of any residue salt, I would be more concerned with the sand in the corners, This coming from years of early riding in Minnesota

Winter not much here in so mi. Not much worried about salt or sand except to watch out for it in turns. Just happy to ride, most time my truck don't start anyway.

Don't worry about the salt, it's pretty much been washed off. I'd be more concerned about the sand.

Yup, you and me both. The salt goes away with the first good rain but that darn sand and gravel can be a killer.............literally.
Last week they cleaned all our roads here and off I went................:D

Back