free website stats program Saggy Bags | Harley Davidson Forums

Saggy Bags

cwcmdc05

I have a 2006 Heritage that is starting to develope saggy bags. A few people have told me about gotsaggybags.com. They say these are the best to fight my problem. I was wondering if any of you have used this product and also if yal had any other ideas.

I have done two bikes with gotsaggybags with great results. The first was on my buddies 02 Heritage and his bags were really bad. They look great.
I then did mine which weren't as bad and they look better than new. The shape is perfect now, they never had that even when brand new. I am sold on the product and would highly recommend it.

Very popular product with good results.

Saggy Bags are worth the money. You may have to trim the side inserts to fit them under the seams. Fit them as tight as you can, I had to start the inserts at the base of the bag and using a block of wood and hammer the insert tward the top. I used lots of clamps on the lid inserts to remove any bumps, just sitting heavy objects on them as recomended does not cut it.

I cut a piece of 5/8 plywood same shape as the lid liner, then a hyd jack and a 2x4 to the rafters in my shop, then jacked it up nice and snug, after the glue dried the lids were like new. :D

Thinking about doing the Saggy Bags on this winter but on the other hand, I might go with the RoadKing bags instead, just not so sure it they will fit the Heritage though.

Waiting for gotsaggybags kit ... Desperately. I feel my bags are going to touch the road any day. I hope to have them installed for the next week
WAP.gif

Well, I have finally got the kit. Not a light job to fit the front and rear inserts in the right bag. Before pasting the lid insert, a great result. Now fighting with the left bag to place the front and rear inserts. Does anybody know a trick to work the insert in the right place? The bag is so shrinked that I am afraid I should sand the insert to fit the bag. Any alternative? What about wipening a bit the leather to make soften?
WAP.gif

Saggy Bag kit works well from most who have posted and restores the look for your traditional looking bags. A little leather conditioner and black leather finish and they will look as good as new. What is not to like about that?

Back