free website stats program Safety Your Thoughts | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Safety Your Thoughts

Hoop- Cut your mirrors off with a pair of bolt cutters and see if you get less miles out of your rear tire... LOL!!! I've heard of panic stops but not panic take-offs!

in never ride in someones blind spot if i can see their eyes i change speed so that i can. same goes for cages and my blind spot do a lot of shoulder checks. (escape route in case i need to swerve into next lane)

Some great tips on riding. Is there anything you do to your bike to make it safer. Have you found anything on you model that needs constant attention? Thanks for all the post.

Is there anything you do to your bike to make it safer.

The More light(s) the better. As for rear, BAL 2 LED Super bright Tail/Stop light along with HD turn signal conversion module. Currently working on getting an LED or HID headlight. You Never can have too much light.

a friend of mine showed up with a fancy new vest and jacket we teased him about the reflective logos on the back of each.

until we saw it on the ride home that night now the rest of us want one. he was lit up like a Christmas tree. very impressive, been looking for sew on reflective patches ever since (still cant find any)

When coming up to an intersection were a vehicle is wanting to enter the road I'm riding, I always put my right hand on the front brake and my foot on the rear brake so I'm ready to stop or at least slow down if they start to move before I'm past them.

I havnt seen anybody mention those four leg moving hazzards that can come out of no where quikly. Every thing from dogs and deer can put u rubber side up in a hurry. I do my best to always watch the sides of the roads especialy when it gettin late on some of these back roads deer are invisable till there right out infront of u... Last year I was in town and headed home and came over a small hill to not 1 but 2 bulls right in the middle of the road that had broke threw the fence. I was able to stop in plenty of time and gave my pipes a good rap and 1 took off fast as he could back to the barn the other turned and squared up with me not a fight I wanted. I laid on the horn and thank God he took off the other way cause I didnt see me and him goin head to head ending well for me.

I havnt seen anybody mention those four leg moving hazzards that can come out of no where quikly. Every thing from dogs and deer can put u rubber side up in a hurry. I do my best to always watch the sides of the roads especialy when it gettin late on some of these back roads deer are invisable till there right out infront of u... Last year I was in town and headed home and came over a small hill to not 1 but 2 bulls right in the middle of the road that had broke threw the fence. I was able to stop in plenty of time and gave my pipes a good rap and 1 took off fast as he could back to the barn the other turned and squared up with me not a fight I wanted. I laid on the horn and thank God he took off the other way cause I didnt see me and him goin head to head ending well for me.

Good call David. You will have to ask my wife about me herding cattle with my softail.:bigsmiley12:

Back