free website stats program Safe to make 600 mile trip so soon? | Harley Davidson Forums

Safe to make 600 mile trip so soon?

ALL IN

I just finished big bore kit with new cam,diamond cut cylinders pistons ,flowed heads.i have the chance to go to alabama this up coming week.i did the break in from this site 30-60 ten times and will have about 100 give or take with good weather a little more miles on her is it safe to go on a road trip so soon?

If the motor is running great, and there are no leaks and you have the power you paid for! Change the oil and filter to a Good Synthetic "Not Harley Oil" and go for it! Vary your highway speeds now and then !

Have Fun! And ride it like ya stole it !

have heard to take it easy for the first 500 miles of the motor, to ensure the rings seat properly. back roads are great for this if they got a lot of twisties.
am probably wrong though. enjoy your trip

I just finished big bore kit with new cam,diamond cut cylinders pistons ,flowed heads. is it safe to go on a road trip so soon?

As long as you don't get stuck in traffic, I would not be worried. I would not want to get stuck in a long traffic jam with no air flow. If that happened, I would pull over and wait for sure.

Man, I wish I would have read all this good advice before ever gstting on mine. I have around 400 on her now. I think I will still go do this, even though it is probably too late.

Back