free website stats program saddlebags for an 07 fxd | Harley Davidson Forums

saddlebags for an 07 fxd

FXD2007

Hey fellas, i need some advice with bags. I am looking for a set of bags that are easy to take on and off and wont interfere with a passangers legs while riding. I would like to spend under 300 for the bags. dennis kirk has a set part no. 50-7087 that looks promising. Anyone have any personal experience with these? I am open to all suggestions! does anyone have any style/brand recomendations?

Are the hard backed? If you can get a set that has the hard back then you can get some easy brackets to make them detachable. There is allso one called a ghost bracket but i like the easy bracket better because it fills in the gap between the bags and the fender rail

easybrackets.jpg

I'm not sure if they are hard backed or not. I am definitely going to have to relocate the turn signals and go with the easy brackets. Seems like the best option for removable bags with my style of bike. The only thing I worry about is having the bags interfere with the passanger footpegs. Do the easy brackets allow you to mount the bags far enough to the rear to avoid that problem?

I'm not sure if they are hard backed or not. I am definitely going to have to relocate the turn signals and go with the easy brackets. Seems like the best option for removable bags with my style of bike. The only thing I worry about is having the bags interfere with the passanger footpegs. Do the easy brackets allow you to mount the bags far enough to the rear to avoid that problem?
No problem at all with clearance.

Cool! You guys are the greatest! It's finally warmed up enough here to do some riding, the road is calling me home! :newsmile062:

Back