free website stats program Saddlebag recommendation needed | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag recommendation needed

mrfixit440

I just bought a 08 FXDC Super Glide 105th anniversary bike and was wondering what saddlebags I should get. are there any that can clear the springs and not need to have the tail lights moved? if so, will they stick out too far and not look good?

Welcome to the forum. I think the slanted bags are the best looking for Dynas. They fit right behind the shocks, and compliment the angle. I have "Ace" bags on my Dyna, 16 years old with no complaints. Go to ebay motorcycles for sale and search Dyna Glides. You can get an idea of what size and type of bag has the look you want by scrolling through all the bikes for sale. Then you can start shopping.

Welcome to the forum. I just put a set of Boss bags on my 2005 Dyna Wide Glide, and they are excellent. I did have to move my turn signals back, but they do not stick out any further than they did before.

I thought about buying saddlebags for my Dyna, but went with a Bikerfriends bag instead. It is arriving somewhere next week.

Take a look at their stuff, it is pretty neat and offers a good alternative to saddlebags.

Take care,

Safehaven,
I have hesitated on buying saddle bags for my dyna just because I think you need to find the right look for your ride. Went and checked out the bikerfriends website and I am going to order one. Good call. What size did you order by the way?

Checked it out, they look pretty good, would prefer leather rather than "pleather".

Motorcycle Luggage and Motorcycle Saddle Bags from Biker's Friend

Vinyl though waterproof does not breathe so humidity/condensation/rain will result in mildue if it gets wet and not dried out completely...JMO...which is why I prefer leather. A local rider I recently met had that style of tail trunk but it was LEATHER...and he was really stoked because the price was in the $150 range...not bad for the quality and the roomy interior.

Safehaven,
I have hesitated on buying saddle bags for my dyna just because I think you need to find the right look for your ride. Went and checked out the bikerfriends website and I am going to order one. Good call. What size did you order by the way?

I`ve ordered the "L" size, i think the "XL" version would have stuck out from the sides too much and I still want to keep my bike more or less compact from the width. (I know this is kind off a catch 22 when riding a harley though :))

It should arrive sometimes next week, will post back with pictures!

Hope you like the purchase and keep us informed with your experience.

Take care,
Kris

When I had my Dyna I had a set of Ghost Brackets with a nice set of large leather slant bags. The ghost brackets made it easy to pop bags on and off as well as making it so you can use just about any bags you want. The unique design of the brackets allow you to clear the shocks without a bulky look.

Back