free website stats program SaddleBag Locks - Awesome | Harley Davidson Forums

SaddleBag Locks - Awesome

decaf.hd

Dont know if anyones interested but found some very kewl saddlebag locks on e-bay. Cant remember the link # but Im sure if you just search youll find them. There cheap but very well made. Bought a pair a onth ago and couldnt be happier.

Dont know if anyones interested but found some very kewl saddlebag locks on e-bay. Cant remember the link # but Im sure if you just search youll find them. There cheap but very well made. Bought a pair a onth ago and couldnt be happier.

Sounds good! You got my interest, Tell me more!

Someone makes locks for Road King Classic saddlebags. I don't know if I can post the name of the manufacturer since I haven't used them.

This company makes the locks but with the bags the way they are, I think it's possible to force the end of the bag up anyway even with the lock to remove things being they are flexible bags on the RK classic. I don't think they will stop any thief from removing articles from the bag.

InertiaWRX :: Leather Motorcycle Saddlebag Locks

why mess around with all that linkage. Just go to the hardware store. gets your self a couple stainless steel bag buckles with lock hasp-cut the hasp section off and rivet to the upper edge of the main body of the bag. now fire up your dremel and carve a slot in the lid so the hasp can slide through. Now just lock it with whatever lock you want to use. And to make it all clean looking, head on over to the hardware section and look for some CUP style drawer pulls, you can get them in chrome. just screw this onto your lid over the slot you made. not only does it cover the slot, but it also hides the lock and gives you a handle to lift the lid by.

why mess around with all that linkage. Just go to the hardware store. gets your self a couple stainless steel bag buckles with lock hasp-cut the hasp section off and rivet to the upper edge of the main body of the bag. now fire up your dremel and carve a slot in the lid so the hasp can slide through. Now just lock it with whatever lock you want to use. And to make it all clean looking, head on over to the hardware section and look for some CUP style drawer pulls, you can get them in chrome. just screw this onto your lid over the slot you made. not only does it cover the slot, but it also hides the lock and gives you a handle to lift the lid by.

Have you done this on a bag? If so could you post pics for us here?

Thanks

here are the pictures, hope they help

the hasp is riveted on with 3/16 rivets with backer washers. wanted to find longer hasps so i could come through from inside but this was longest hasp i could find. Mount the hasp first, then close lid-the hasp will scribe a line on the inside of the bag lid, this is where you cut the slot. when mounting the cup try to stay just above the stitching line so as to avoid cuting the stitching. other than that it is pretty straight forward (and non reversible once you cut a slot in your leather and all)

Attachments

• bag locked.jpg
    bag locked.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 125
  • slot under cup pull.jpg
    slot under cup pull.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 114
  • hasp on inner edge.jpg
    hasp on inner edge.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 122
  • bag not locked.jpg
    bag not locked.jpg