free website stats program Saddlebag Liners | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag Liners

wrightj123

I have seen removable liners online but I'm curious to find out what you guys use inside your hard saddlebags for removable storage or protection of the saddlebags themselves as well as items placed in them.

I don't have any experience with these hard saddlebags yet as I won't get my SG for a couple of weeks.

I will be carrying a laptop back and forth to work. I was thinking of placing some foam padding on the bottom to cut down on any vibration. Coments?

There are removable liners for all glides, but i reall think ya should consider wrapping a notebook in bubblewrap...And still in a side bag i just would worry...

I have seen removable liners online but I'm curious to find out what you guys use inside your hard saddlebags for removable storage or protection of the saddlebags themselves as well as items placed in them.

I don't have any experience with these hard saddlebags yet as I won't get my SG for a couple of weeks.

I will be carrying a laptop back and forth to work. I was thinking of placing some foam padding on the bottom to cut down on any vibration. Coments?

Bag liners work, doesn't matter if you have hardbags or soft leather ones; it protects the contents from water damage, and if made for carrying a laptop, are padded and lined to boot, expressly made for keeping their shape and absorbing inertia, vibe and shock. The true test is to find ones that fit your bags or top case exactly, which means you should measure carefully, keeping the measurements in your wallet, investigating the major brands aftermarket first, or find semi custom modified ones that will fit your personal needs. Happy hunting. :newsmile021:

I carry my laptop in the bike all the time I use a $14.00 case from curcuit city and have never had a problem

I use a notebook backpack, or a foam notebook sleeve, and haven't had any problems carrying mine in the saddlebag. Biggest problem I have is trying to stuff the backpack in the bag.

I've also strapped my computer bag onto the seat and that works pretty well also.

Temp. plays a big roll in this also. If your going to put a lap top in you saddle bag, be sure you put it in the left side as it seems to stay a little cooler. But test this idea with a couple of thermometers, Go for a ride about the same amount of time the lap top will be there, check the temps and decide if it too high. I had one of my little gray sqrl. buddies die in my yard and didn't wont it to rot in my garbage can so I bagged him and put him in the right bag rode to my daughters soccer game 10 minutes away, took him out to drop him in the garbage can, man he was baked, I had to leave the cover open to get the smeel out, don't recomend doing that again.

Temp. plays a big roll in this also. If your going to put a lap top in you saddle bag, be sure you put it in the left side as it seems to stay a little cooler. But test this idea with a couple of thermometers, Go for a ride about the same amount of time the lap top will be there, check the temps and decide if it too high. I had one of my little gray sqrl. buddies die in my yard and didn't wont it to rot in my garbage can so I bagged him and put him in the right bag rode to my daughters soccer game 10 minutes away, took him out to drop him in the garbage can, man he was baked, I had to leave the cover open to get the smeel out, don't recomend doing that again.

That's funny,glad it was you and not me:bigsmiley30:

I love my H-D soft liner bags, it's amazing how much stuff you can get in them if you pack them right. I pack my 17" Laptop all the time and just use an inexpensive Swiss Army laptop bag that has foam around the perimeter of the computer. Always careful of heat, but just pack the bag properly and it's no problem. Good Luck!

I carry mine in the tour pack on the back but really like all the bag liners. Makes it easy to pull in somewhere for the night and get unloaded quickly. Wife and I go for one to three weeks at a time and can be unloaded from the bike in just a few minutes. I would have to go along with some extra padding if you are carrying a laptop in a saddle bag. Lots of room in there to bounce around and these little electronic things tend to not like the bouncing around thing. Also may want to stay away from gray squirls

Thank you to everyone that replied. Sounds like an inexpensive foam padded laptop sleeve in a removable liner on the left side is the way to go. Maybe I should also include something besides a squirrel in there to keep it from shifting around too. :)

You guys are great. Thanks!

Back