free website stats program saddlebag is dead...R.I.P | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

saddlebag is dead...R.I.P

You hear about this now and then. If you think of all the touring bikes with the HD set up, very rare % of chance this will happen. Then remove the % of them that were improperly installed, and there is even more little chance of this happening IMO. I am not saying it does not happen (because it does)or anyone this has happened to hooked them up wrong, all I am saying is I am not bolting on and losing the convenience of removal due to this rare event. Now I suppose I will lose a bag on my next ride! :( Still, I am sorry about your bag. Hope you find one soon.

This $7 fix was one of the 1st postings I read on HD Talking & after I bought my 09 SG - it was one of the 1st mods I installed - only put two in the rear holes for added security. Didn't feel comfortable w/the cheezy HD pins and the ones I bought from our local Ace HW store are a tad long, but I plan to cut & grind them down in the near future. I never have to look back & do a "bag-check" while riding anymore.

Attachments

• Bag Pin-1.jpg
    Bag Pin-1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Bag Pin-2.jpg
    Bag Pin-2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 39
Yup, good and cheap insurance and still keeps the convenience of removal. Much better alternative to bolts. I will be adding these to mine as well. Thanks.

Why would anyone buy a 20,000 bike and not protect thier investment ??? get a saddle bag guard .

This is like somebody saying, "why would you not wear a helmet?"
Your head should be worth more than a Scooter too........
Some people just don't like em! :newsmile100:

PS: For 20K, the bags should not fall off either......

Back