free website stats program saddlebag guard bags & water bottle | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

saddlebag guard bags & water bottle

yep having to riders would be a problem with the set up I have. My wife stays home, she does not like to ride on a motorcycle she is Scared of them. But it's ok I love to ride them, and when I get home she still kiss's me and i get the hungs.

The top buttons on my left bag came undone and by the time I realized it t he bag was partially ground off by road rash, fortunately I did not loose any tools that were in the bag. I now use a small black zap strap around the top bar and through the bag flap (flap that has buttons on it). This way the bag can not come off and you have to look hard to see the zap strap or tie wrap.
Sasha.

Get a handle bar mounted cup holder for drinking. That leather pouch collapses in the wind and you will play(edit) getting it back in the pouch at speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
that cooler strapped to the floorboard sounds great but I too do a lot of 2-up riding and that won't work for that, will toy with it on a solo run though... hey I have both L & R water bottle bags, I just put regular water bottles in the r side and I keep my spray suntan can in the L side cause I usually forget to put it on in the a.m...... I stuff my rain gear in both bags too. (in the storage part of it)....... ok that's my 2 cents worth........

I use them. Have one on both sides. I use the Road River version, little less expensive then the HD ones and they have aright and left version. I find them very useful on long road trips. I use the left side one so I can keep hand on throttle/brake and wife uses right. Only thing bad about them is the fluid gets hot from sun and pipes. Thermos makes a small diameter insulated bottle that will stop that problem.

Thermos makes a "Hydration" bottle that will fit in the bag guard holders and keeps drinks cold for quite some time. I have used these for 2 years and havent had any problems

Guess I'm still old-school, I stop to get a drink. A cheap, easy way to keep water cold is
to get a 1 liter soda bottle (Pepsi bottle has a nice large mouth). Fill the bottle with water the night before and freeze it. Before you leave, wrap the bottle with a towel and
use rubber bands or velcro to keep it tight. You can drink from the bottle without unwrapping the towel. You will have cold water all day and when you stop you can use the damp towel to wipe your face. I have had the water stay cold for 8 hours on a hot day! If you don't plan that far in advance you can still fill the bottle with water and ice (my icemaker makes cubes that will fit through the mouth of the bottle) and have cold water for a few hours!

Guess I'm still old-school, I stop to get a drink. A cheap, easy way to keep water cold is
to get a 1 liter soda bottle (Pepsi bottle has a nice large mouth). Fill the bottle with water the night before and freeze it. Before you leave, wrap the bottle with a towel and
use rubber bands or velcro to keep it tight. You can drink from the bottle without unwrapping the towel. You will have cold water all day and when you stop you can use the damp towel to wipe your face. I have had the water stay cold for 8 hours on a hot day! If you don't plan that far in advance you can still fill the bottle with water and ice (my icemaker makes cubes that will fit through the mouth of the bottle) and have cold water for a few hours!

I'm with you, I can make it for gas stop to gas stop even on long rides. 650 miles a day for 3 days to Sturis and again to get home. No drinking on the fly, I downed a bottle of water at the gas stops.

Back