free website stats program saddle bags | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

saddle bags

looking for saddle bags for 04 night train. Any after market one that a good qulity? Or ones that would look good on this bike.

Best bags for you is based on your needs, features and price points plain and simple. I chose leather for the "classic look, great performance, and convenience".

Next, choose if you want easy on and off or intend to use nylon zip liners w/ handles for the same convenience. Hard bags are expensive, rigid and have hinges and lock/latch setups.

Leather can be "throw on" with yoke secured under the seats (need metal hoops to keep away from wheel & sprocket) or they can have rigid backs, with button on/off latch removal so the bike looks "clean" Either can use nylon zip liners w/ handles. Go to Self Help for list of leather luggage manufacturers...happy hunting. :D

I just ordered the plain Leather Pro bags for my 03 Fatboy. Can't wait for them to be installed, think they'll look good and I like that I can remove them when i want to and the bike will still look clean/no brackets.

Wondering now about bag liners? Are they worth adding in?

congratulations on finding the bags for you. on the bag liners i would wait and see what your needs are with the new bags. Enjoy

Regarding nylon liners, there are semi rigid ones (think insulated coolers) and foldable nylon ones...I choose the latter for my leather luggage, so they sit folded in the bottom zipped ready to be used, but for day to day, I just "dump" stuff in. But when touring, I fill them with folded, neatly packed stuff, so when we get to a motel or campsite. Unloading is quick and easy, my Leatherneck Jim bags stay on the bike, unless I am concerned about security...the liners keep everything clean and dry, and if the leather gets wet, it dries just fine, the interior does not stay wet because it "breathes"...the leather properly treated will last many years. :s

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

Back