free website stats program Saddle bags??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle bags???

cuznjed

I just got an FXDC and love it to death. I am a rookie and have a qustion about good saddle bags (durable), mounting hardware needed, and if I have to move my turn signals or not? These questions may sound stupid but I am a beginner

cuznjed:33:

I just got an FXDC and love it to death. I am a rookie and have a qustion about good saddle bags (durable), mounting hardware needed, and if I have to move my turn signals or not? These questions may sound stupid but I am a beginner

There's a bunch of options when it comes to bags from hard bags from the MOCO to throw over bags to permanent mounts so the question of the turn signals depends on your choice of bags. I would say most likely they would need to be repositioned with a kit.

Matt, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask because of looking silly. Don't worry about it. I'm a fellow "newbie" to the whole riding scene, and the folks here at HDT have been an invaluable resource. I'm sure someone's going to be able to give you the answers you're looking for. I forgot, what year is your bike? That'll make it easier to answer your questions. I don't think you'll have to move the turn signals... but the hardware and such, you'll have to wait until someone more techy checks in (most likely our resident guru Glider... the man's a fount of knowledge).

Good Luck!
Hey thanks darknight and glider, I appreciate your time

If you go with hard bags you will have to move your turn signals. If you get the hard bag kit from HD through M&M Cycle it has the relocation kit with it and the bags are very nice http://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm
for part # 90126-00A [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Harley Davidson [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$663.99 [/FONT]
In primer or $759 color matched to your bike. Local price is $1000 :57: I love mine :gh
150-show_me_yours_and_ill_show_you_mine-bad_black_bitch.jpg

I got a set of HD bags off of Ebay for $135 shipped. All they had was a slight scuff on the one bag.
I use the easy brackets and like the quick on/off of the brackets.

I ended up getting a lay back lic plate bracket from motosport.com for the turn signal relocation.
The bracket allowed the use of the stock turn signal stems and it looks like it'e one piece.

I'll post a pic as soon as I get 5 posts.

I got a set of HD bags off of Ebay for $135 shipped. All they had was a slight scuff on the one bag.
I use the easy brackets and like the quick on/off of the brackets.

I ended up getting a lay back lic plate bracket from motosport.com for the turn signal relocation.
The bracket allowed the use of the stock turn signal stems and it looks like it'e one piece.

I'll post a pic as soon as I get 5 posts.

Hey thanks for the info thats sounds great cant wait to see how they look:cheers

yes I would like to see them, with throw over bags is there anything else I will need to get?

Hey thanks for the info thats sounds great cant wait to see how they look:cheers

Here is a pic with the bags on showing the easy brackets.
The thing I like most about them is you don't need a brace under them.

bike2004qu7.jpg

As you can see here with the bags off all you see is the studs that the brackets mount to. no ugly brace left behind.

bike2008ha3.jpg

cuznjed: if you will look earlier in the forum, I asked about the same questions concerning saddle bags. I eventually decided to purchase some bags from Fox Creek Leathers - they have a series of bags designed for the Dyna series of HD. I really like their quality...just a suggestion. If you are anything like myself, you bought the Bob because of the way it looked and adding a set of permanent bags just didn't do a thing for me, so I went with throw overs. Enjoy your bike!!! And...have a wonderful and safe 2008!

Idaho John

Back