free website stats program Saddle bags for a Deluxe? | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle bags for a Deluxe?

I was wandering if anybody here could tell me if the Xlement saddle bags are any good (quality, etc). They are what brand is on Leatherup. Also, I would want to mount them with Ghost brackets or Ez brackets. What would be the best way to go about mounting them this way. I'm just looking for an economical solution for storage on a couple day trip every now and then. The $1200.00 boss bags look good, but IMO are way overpriced. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :cheers

Thanks David. That's still more $ than I want to spend though. They really look nice, but I can get factory "Glide" bags for $1100. I'll very seldom use them, because I just don't have the time to take many trips. I guess I'm just being cheap. Thanks again for help. :cheers

Thanks David. That's still more $ than I want to spend though. They really look nice, but I can get factory "Glide" bags for $1100. I'll very seldom use them, because I just don't have the time to take many trips. I guess I'm just being cheap. Thanks again for help. :cheers

Wow, $69 for Pleather bags is an incredible price...

Waterproof Studded Eagle Double Buckle Classic Motorcycle Saddlebags

Have to say though, for near that price you can get the $89 Harley leather throwover bags, not nearly as ornate or as much storage, but it is from the MOCO. Leather breathes and drys quickly, vinyl backed with cloth does not dry as quickly and mildews if not opened and allowed to dry before putting stuff back in.

http://www.jimssaddlebags.com/

I use Leatherneck Jims for about $400 (because I order studs and conchos) but they are REAL leather (plastic & leather in back near tire area) and they look and store a decent amount of stuff, without taking away from the looks of my Sporty...

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks newhd74fan. You are right about leather lasting longer than PVC, but I'm trying to stay at a couple of hundred $'s or less and still have some room in them. If I have to put $400 in bags I'm probably going to splurge for the Electra Glide hard bags and convert them to my bike. I'm really trying to keep this cheap so I can do some other mods to the bike also. I may just buy a detach sissy bar and sissy bar luggage, not sure. Thanks again for your input and help. :cheers

Back