free website stats program Saddle bag recommendations | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle bag recommendations

jjjtech

I'm going to need to get some saddle bags or similar type of storage for my bike. I see there are about a million or so options out there, so I thought I draw off the experiences of y'all.
My ride is a 2004 Fat Boy.
What would you recommend? I think I want to stick with leather, so I'm wondering about build quality, capacities, durability and how they look on the bike.
If there is a better option than the saddle bags, let me know. I currently use a large backpack lashed to the sissy bar.
I mainly want them for running to the store or any other errands I can run on my bike. I use the backpack to carry my scrubs, lunch, and jacket to work.
Thanks for the input.

Things Id look for in a leather bag.

1.I preffer soft bags vs. rigid as a softer bag will expand allowing for much greater storage.
2.Extra long straps.I never understood why my buddy's baggs had these until we set out on a trip and I saw him pack his baggs then strap his leather on the outside of the bag utilizing those straps.

smitty;
Have you ever dragged your bags in a corner? Just wondering because a buddy of mine bought a 2009 SE Road Glide that had extended bags, and at the corner in the rear was a chrome skid plate. Cool bike.

I have leather pro bags on mine and they are great. They have a plastic molded insert in them and have leather outside. Very sturdy and easily detachable. Go to leatherpros.com and check it out.

I like the Iron Bags. Looks like a pretty good price also. I like the leather pros also, but I'll have to see if they fit with the Vance & Hines exhaust.
Thanks for the help everyone.

I have the V&H Big shots and the leather pro bags fit fine. Plenty of room. If you look at my profile picture you will see them.

Just arrived: Iron Bags. They came with new mounting hardware; however, I used the stock 1/4 turn screws. I really like them, they look better than what the Iron Bag website shows.

Attachments

• Iron Bags (7).JPG
    Iron Bags (7).JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 41
Back