free website stats program Saddle bag guards on 2009 RG only, please | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle bag guards on 2009 RG only, please

I ordered part number 49282-09 and was substituted 49282-09B. My original bag rails are chrome, I was fully expecting that this kit would be chrome also, but they are black. The actual bag guards are chrome, but you can see the black bag rails. Anyone know if you can get chrome ones?

On page 406 of the 2009 HD accessory book:
Saddle bag guards # 49282-09 do not require additional hardware. I don't believe it!! Has anyone done this install? All the other guards require an additional $200 in saddle bag support hardware. Please advise for this specific part number. I can read the parts book. I need someone who has puechased and installed # 49282-09. Thanks
HD Part # 49282-09 was superceded by part #49282-09B, it replaces the bag support bar and installs the bag protector. The only thing is, the bag support is painted black and the chrome one must be replaced with it to tie in the chrome bag guard.
Before you buy it from your dealer or the cataloge, check out SURDYKE.COM, they got em for $148, no tax and ship UPS ground.

I ordered part number 49282-09 and was substituted 49282-09B. My original bag rails are chrome, I was fully expecting that this kit would be chrome also, but they are black. The actual bag guards are chrome, but you can see the black bag rails. Anyone know if you can get chrome ones?
Ooops, didn't read the whole thread.........you can take a tubing cutter and cut just enough of the forward end of the chrome support tube to get the end to slide into the connection on the guard bar, redrill the hole makeing sure you drill through the saddle bag support tube too, that'll keep your chrome support tube........looks sweeeeeet!

Thanks guys for the input. I ordered the part and all went well for the install. The"B" version contains a different antennae mount. The antennae mount moved the antennae just enough that it misses my rack and bag. Pretty easy install for the guards too, although the were a gazillion parts.

One thing instructions can't say...under the famous "--some assembly may be required..." that it will be easy and actually see a statement besides new and improved " --now with fewer parts for easy assembly...!" :p

Back